Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

French/ Romanian Mle. 1918 ID Disc

Article about: Hi all. I have just received this ID disc. It is, I believe a French model 1918 but it has a Romanian name and address on it. Does anyone know anything about it? Any comments would be apprec

Default French/ Romanian Mle. 1918 ID Disc

Hi all. I have just received this ID disc. It is, I believe a French model 1918 but it has a Romanian name and address on it. Does anyone know anything about it? Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers and all the best.

French/ Romanian Mle. 1918 ID DiscFrench/ Romanian Mle. 1918 ID Disc

Sorry for the late reply I'm usually not on this part of the forum. Any who, the Romanians used a lot of the same stuff that the French used during WW1 such as weapons, Adrian helmets, swords, and etc. I looked around for a bit and I couldn't find any Romanian dog tags that were French which probably means that he was born in Romania and moved to France in which he joined the military. Although, I believe there is supposed to be a name and info on each piece of the dog tag and the dog tag looks relatively new compared to the other dog tags. This may mean it is a reproduction but wait and see if more informed collectors reply. Again, sorry for the late reply but I hope this helps.