Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going out of business sale

Article about: I was out eating at a restaurant with some family today and the restaurant just happened to be down the street from an antique store. After I was done eating I decided to go check it out and

Default Going out of business sale

I was out eating at a restaurant with some family today and the restaurant just happened to be down the street from an antique store. After I was done eating I decided to go check it out, and I’m really happy that I did!

The antique store was having a "Going out of business sale", and you could tell the place had been picked over pretty good. Fortunately for me though the militaria selection remained relatively intact. The owner of the shop was there and he told me he could come down considerably from the marked prices on any item.

I ended up getting a small haul of stuff from that shop today. Everything I bought was extremely cheap too! I’ll definitely have to make a few more trips back to the shop before they close for good.

Going out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business sale

?

WOW !! That is a VERY nice first pattern RAD buckle by Dr. Franke, Good Score !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

You hit the jackpot on the RAD buckle. That is a very early, and hard to find, Franke & Co (later became Dr Franke & Co). Buckle is from 1936-37. Indeed a very unique maker mark stamp!

Here is a link to my examples. And there is a 2nd link in post #1 with more info .

Franke & Co - 1936

Wow! I had no idea the maker was such a desirable one. Thank you so much for letting me know guys!

I'll certainly take a look at the link you shared. Thankfully I found a nice early belt at another antique shop a few weeks back, so I think it will pair nicely with this buckle.

Very nice... go back soon and get more stuff!

The same shop had this close combat clasp for sale too. Since I don’t know what to look for in these, I decided to leave it behind for now. I took some photos of it while I was there, but they aren’t the best. Can anyone tell from these shoddy photos if it stands a chance of being original?

Going out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business sale

Quote by sweersz View Post
    Very nice... go back soon and get more stuff!
    Definitely! It's a ticking clock since they're going out of business

MAP
    ?

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    The same shop had this close combat clasp for sale too. Since I don’t know what to look for in these, I decided to leave it behind for now. I took some photos of it while I was there, but they aren’t the best. Can anyone tell from these shoddy photos if it stands a chance of being original?

Going out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business sale
    Jarret,

Start a new thread in the awards section. It will get lost in this thread and probably won't get the answers you seek. This is a Funcke & Bruninghaus (F&BL)

I am not well versed on these awards so happy to stand corrected but I do not like what I see. From what I have read in Durante's book, there is only one known die pattern used for F&BL awards. From what I can see on the obverse, it does not match to this die. Furthermore, the rear pin looks to be incorrect as well as the hinge. The Catch looks different as well. The catch "plate" on yours appears to be a cast part of the award, but should be a separate piece soldered to the award within a cast raised circle and the flat C wire catch itself looks too thin.

Again, I don't know much and their may be other variants that are not in Tom's book. So please post it in a new thread for more answers.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I really appreciate the thoughts on the clasp MAP.

I highly trust your opinion, but I'll go ahead and create a separate thread for this clasp. If it turns out to be an original piece I'll certainly buy it as the owner of the shop is cutting me some great deals.

?

Mate, if it’s cheap enough, just buy everything before someone else gets wise to it!
    You can always get rid of the dross on eBay later!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast