Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Going out of business sale

Article about: I was out eating at a restaurant with some family today and the restaurant just happened to be down the street from an antique store. After I was done eating I decided to go check it out and

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

TWS
    ?

Agree with MAP. I don't like the hinge and pin on the CCC. That's just my 5 second immediate assessment without grabbing the book off the shelf to doublecheck and also form an opinion about the obverse.

Great score! I'd come to believe that the days of finding original TR items at random antique stores were over - at least at reasonable prices. And in my own state on top of that!

Usually if you do happen to find items the shop keeper doesn't know the market but thinks their items are made of gold, so the prices are worse than a dealer who actually knows what they have.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Jarret,

Very nice items,, nice to see that these can still be found.. I will echo what Todd said,, in our own state no doubt..

I need to get out on the Texas highways and byways more often...

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

From what the shop owner told me all of the militaria he has for sale came from a close friend of his that passed away some years ago. I was told the original owner would set up booths at local gun shows and sell his stuff there. When this man passed away it was all left to his friend that runs this antique shop.

I can tell the seller knows a small amount of information about this stuff, but not much. There are many reproductions he's selling and he's under the impression they are original. So I was treading carefully when I bought the items that I did. The RAD buckle that I picked up was sitting right next to a VERY obvious repro RAD buckle, and they had the exact same price tag!

Pretty much all that's left at this shop that looks decent is his porcelain selection and a small pile of salty K98 pouches. but I'll certainly be back at the shop as soon as possible to pick over what remains. He has two Spanish crosses and two Luftwaffe flak badges, and to my novice eyes they didn't look good. But it could very well be worth showing some photos of them here to see what you guys think.

MAP
    ?

certainly show them. You never know and might be able to pick up hard to find Spanish Cross at a deeply discounted price!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

K98 pouches are worth grabbing, different makers etc. Get them cheap you can always move them on.

Got a few more items from this shop today. Sadly it appears the other items I had my eyes on were reproductions. The only items left now are poor reproductions or bottom of the barrel quality originals. I’ll still sift through this shop a few more times before the doors close for good though. I just might be able to dig up some hidden gems.

There are about six K98 ammo pouches left, but they all have condition issues. Missing straps and torn leather. I may consider making him an offer for the six pouches left and see if the seller will give me a discount because of the condition.

This pouch here was the last one left in decent condition. I believe it’s dated from 1942

Going out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business sale

Here are those Spanish crosses I mentioned. They don’t look good to me, but I thought I might as well share them here for anyone who was curious as to what they looked like. The placement of the swastikas in the four corners look pretty wonky.

Going out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business saleGoing out of business sale

MAP
    ?

Walk away from these. I do not think BSW made these (plus the makers mark looks off) and Godet looks horrid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Walk away from these. I do not think BSW made these (plus the makers mark looks off) and Godet looks horrid.
    No worries I'll be avoiding them, and yes the Godet does look ugly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2