Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

gun sight off a german battle ship.

Article about: Hello, hope someone can help me I am trying to save this from the scrap yard. This was bought in the 50s by someone's dad and has been in a container ever since and been forgotten about. A f

Sorry everyone look's like they are going to the scrapyard in the sky. The people who looked into think they came from the Tirpitz. shame

CBH
    ?

You should try and get the optics and makers tags at least. The top of the periscope should be removable.

But what can you do, billionaires haven't started restoring Battleships, yet.

You should contact your local news paper, they might find it interesting.

Quote by cariuskc View Post
    Sorry everyone look's like they are going to the scrapyard in the sky. The people who looked into think they came from the Tirpitz. shame
    In that case reveal the location of the items so anyone interested in them can approach the scrap dealer directly. Afterall, you have no further interest in them other than they be saved by whatever means, correct??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Exactly as Ned said. Let everyone who has an interest in trying contact them rather than simply allowing them to be scrapped and lost forever.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hmm, close in pictures with no context.

I know I can be very cynical but most scrap dealers I encounter, and that is quite a few between work and play, are not slow to spot any chance to turn an extra few pennies. These appear significant items and have "interesting" markings to say the least. The markings alone never mind any mention of the Bismarck or Tirpitz would have the average scrappie turning cartwheels.
    I am sorry but I just don't see these being cut up or melted down.
    Am I the only one who senses a (not very well) hidden agenda here? I already feel one members antennae twitching I think

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-24-2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

If memory serves me right, all the German battleships were sunk by wars end. It evidently came from some other form of ship.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hmm, close in pictures with no context.

I know I can be very cynical but most scrap dealers I encounter, and that is quite a few between work and play, are not slow to spot any chance to turn an extra few pennies. These appear significant items and have "interesting" markings to say the least. The markings alone never mind any mention of the Bismarck or Tirpitz would have the average scrappie turning cartwheels.
    I am sorry but I just don't see these being cut up or melted down.
    Am I the only one who senses a (not very well) hidden agenda here? I already feel one members antennae twitching I think

Regards

Mark
    Is it really that obvious....???

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Is it really that obvious....???

The spider senses or the bullshit?

@Bob, yep that is kind of the point. "Items specially selected for the discerning collector from a famous warship of your choice" "We also have available the captains toilet seat from the Mary Rose and the bilge pump from the Black Pig of Capt Pugwash"

Laugh/ I nearly did!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Gone....
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2