Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Indian Muskets

Article about: I have these Indian Muskets that have been left to me by my late Father. He bought them from the Army in 1984 to which I have the original receipt. Just want to know what they are worth and

Default Indian Muskets

I have these Indian Muskets that have been left to me by my late Father. He bought them from the Army in 1984 to which I have the original receipt. Just want to know what they are worth and who collects these things. The longest one is over 6' tall and the other is over 5' 7" tall.

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Quote by madtheswine99 View Post
    I have these Indian Muskets that have been left to me by my late Father. He bought them from the Army in 1984 to which I have the original receipt. Just want to know what they are worth and who collects these things. The longest one is over 6' tall and the other is over 5' 7" tall.

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets

Indian Muskets
    Hi there.

We are happy to talk about the item, but we do not give monetary value because price is subjective. I would recommend an internet search to find the value of previously sold examples.

Kind regards,

Will.

I have but they have already sold and they dont display the sold price. I would just rather have someone whom collects these things enjoy them as I just have them standing in a cupboard.

They don't fetch a lot. I purchased an Afghan Jezail flintlock musket for £280 just a few weeks ago - although some dealers might have tried to charge more. The type you have - which are matchlocks - might sell for a bit more. I'm not telling you what they are worth, it's more of a case of what you might expect to pay if you wanted one. Type 'Matchlock Jezail muskets for sale' into your search engine and see what you get.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

I do not collect these, but I believe these are called “toradar” from India. I would be interested to know what the receipt describes them as. Depending on quality and condition dealers may ask up to 1000-1500 pounds, each. With the provenance I would suggest you reconsider selling these and get them on display and appreciate them for what they are, they will appreciate in value over time. And if you must sell these, look for a good auction house.