Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Operation Dragoon

Article about: I picked up a small lot from a guy who was in the 759th MP battalion. Who also took part in Operation Dragoon. Hope you guys like the items as much as I do . Gary

?

Malaria kills more people each year but yet we don't close down for that just saying.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    I believe its kubler
    Yep I thinks that the boy!

I was looking for Generalmajor because it says Maj Gen on the pic but of course Kubler is listed under his final rank of General der Gebirgsjaeger! He did however, command 1 Gebirgs-Division based around Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the rank of Generalmajor which fits nicely.

He is another Bavarian who had a barracks named after him in the '60s despite being a convicted and executed war criminal (Yuogslavia). That barracks was also renamed in the '90s.

I have noticed that every picture I could find bar one (taken from several metres away) is angled towards his right profile. I expect that is due to facial scarring he sustained during WWI.

He does look a bit like Huttner though but I suppose they were both "picked from the same meadow".

I find it fascinating to put names to these faces. It's a pity it is mostly only the "celebrities" we can dig out!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-03-2020 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I would say the German photos date from Western campaign in 1940. Very nice collection of items.

?

Thanks black cat and watchdog thank you for all the info on the General. Gary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3