Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Red Army meat ration found in the attic

Article about: Just founded in an old attic red army ration packs in it's original and untoched condition. The box with preserves was found wrapped to the old 1940 dated newspaper and hidden under the floo

?

Default Re: Red Army meat ration found in the attic

I have heard of butter and cheese being dug from a bog that was stoneage and edible as well...

?

Default Re: Red Army meat ration found in the attic

We were still eating WWII rations in the '70s, British Army didnt chuck anything away.
    Remember sitting in the rain with nothing more than a glorified firelighter while down the road US cousins were lining up at steaming hot Mobile Kitchens.
    Mind you they didn't half show up on the recon photo's, made us feel safer but neglected

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Here I use the word "deactivate" as a joke. I don't think that there is some dangerous ( of course if you don't eat it) viruses. As you can see, I'am still living and not sick
    Unless you are SteveMRE1989

SteveMRE1989 would have a field day with these..

?

For all you people who are interested in what is in old unopened cans, there is a guy on YouTube who opens cans from the 50's and 60's. Can be interesting how the contents have survived. Can be addicting to watch.

TWS
    ?

Quote by CURT P View Post
    For all you people who are interested in what is in old unopened cans, there is a guy on YouTube who opens cans from the 50's and 60's. Can be interesting how the contents have survived. Can be addicting to watch.
    If it's the guy who does it during reenactment events, then I have seen one of his videos.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I think that's one relic I would rather bury. Possible risk of Anthrax contamination?

We found a sandbag of Corned Beef in tins whilst conducting some archaeology on the Somme. It was fine for a while then as it warmed up it became a more effective chemical agent than the ones used in the shells. A smell like an open Arab sewer in mid summer!!

Don't eat it!!! That's what killed Liberatchie….. Bad meat in the can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2