Quote by RH1941 View Post
Daleville The patches came from a very large collection. At $2 a patch I'm not to worried about them . Gary

At that price I wouldn't care either LOL Just thought you should know for future reference if you come across more. There using every trick in the book faking these, they even soak them in tea to make them look dirty. Best thing to do is compare a unknown patch with an original, check for stitching patterns, if the colors match, modern newspaper for backing and other backing material, tea staining or artificial aging, computer machine embroidery etc.
Originals where made in Okinawa, Korea,Japan, Thailand. there will be variance's from country to country. It's hard sometimes, I've learned a lot about them over the years and still have some that stump me. hope this helps.

- - ------- - -

Quote by RH1941 View Post
Daleville The patches came from a very large collection. At $2 a patch I'm not to worried about them . Gary

At that price I wouldn't care either LOL Just thought you should know for future reference if you come across more. There using every trick in the book faking these, they even soak them in tea to make them look dirty. Best thing to do is compare a unknown patch with an original, check for stitching patterns, if the colors match, modern newspaper for backing and other backing material, tea staining or artificial aging, computer machine embroidery etc.
Originals where made in Okinawa, Korea,Japan, Thailand. there will be variance's from country to country. It's hard sometimes, I've learned a lot about them over the years and still have some that stump me. hope this helps.