Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian M59 ? ID please

Article about: This is second one from this week. It has been reused in Bosnian war. Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina repainted what they had (it was red star on front). Please help ID this helmet.

?

Default Yugoslavian M59 ? ID please

This is second one from this week.
    It has been reused in Bosnian war.
    Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina repainted what they had (it was red star on front).

Please help ID this helmet.

nice looking exterior paintwork ,it would appear to have had the double sliding buckle chinstrap replaced with a chinstrap from a three point harness allthough the rear point fixing strap hasnt been carried over with it ,what was the information you were wanting on it ,i can tell you its the m59/85 ?an improved version of the original m59
    Regards James

?

It was confusing - moded helmet. Chin strap is from another helmet.
    Used and moded to accomodate long usage or something.
    So it is m59/85 model.

i believe the chinstrap is correct but from the three point version perhaps just the chin cup area has been added to the original chinstrap as you say to elongate the strap as i dont think the three point strap goes through the bails at all and has its own extra fixing points making these redundant ,i wonder if it was used in croatia ,thanks for showing, i like these helmets ,they all have there own individuality
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    i believe the chinstrap is correct but from the three point version perhaps just the chin cup area has been added to the original chinstrap as you say to elongate the strap as i dont think the three point strap goes through the bails at all and has its own extra fixing points making these redundant ,i wonder if it was used in croatia ,thanks for showing, i like these helmets ,they all have there own individuality
    It is trench art helmet