Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

The 1969 movie "Battle of Britain" - interesting photos

Article about: I saw these photos posted up onto a Facebook page dedicated to the movie, and thought that these 2 photos were worth showing on here too. It is still one of my all-time favourite movies.. Bo

Default The 1969 movie "Battle of Britain" - interesting photos

I saw these photos posted up onto a Facebook page dedicated to the movie, and thought that these 2 photos
    were worth showing on here too. It is still one of my all-time favourite movies..

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

And this one was posted up by an ex Cadet who managed to sneak onto the airstrip and take this photo
    of the line of of Buchons from the film...

Bob

One of my faves to Bob ,The best air war film made without cgi imo. It must have seemed strange to witness these luftwaffe painted fighters & bombers flying over uk airspace if you didn't know that filming was going on!I have the 1969 annual & the 45rpm single (unfortunately without cover) kicking around somwhere. Regards Paul

I don't know how many times I have watched it, but never get sick of the many viewings....

Hi Bob, and rest of mates. I love this film too.

The making of the historical blockbuster “The Battle of Britain”, filmed in 1968, would not have been possible without the contribution of the Spanish Air Force, which provided the main planes in the film: Messerschmitt-109 (H.A. 1112 Buchón) Heinkel 111 Pedro (CASA 2111) and Junkers-52 (CASA 352).

The film was largely shot in Seville (at the Tablada air base), and also in the skies of San Sebastián, Ondarribia, and Zarauz. Obviously the United Kingdom was the other main location for filming in different locations, among which it is worth noting the Duxford airfield where the authentic hangars were still preserved.

With Bob's permission I am attaching a fantastic link with about 100 photographs from 1969, during filming at the Sevillian base. As shown, some Spanish non-commissioned officers pose with a Flak and a Buchon in the background of the image.

La Batalla de Inglaterra de Carlos Garc?a Berm?ez

19.058-AUP-Flack20mmTablada.jpg
    Flack20mm - Tablada - Seville

By the way, one of them seems to be for sale...

Buchon-C4K-152.El antiguo C4K-152 con los colores que se le aplicaron par ala película La batal.jpg
    The old C4K-152 with the colors that were applied for the movie The Battle of Britain.... for sale!

Regards
    Santi

A brilliant film, and I remember that picture in the newspapers. One of my favourite lines from the film was:'You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!'

Cheers,
    Steve