Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

2020 Pick Ups

Article about: Aldo reminded me again this year that I needed to start a 2020 "Pick Up" thread. So here it is. With Covid, it's been a heck of a year but I'm sure that despite local shows being c

Some of my pick ups from this year... The Austrian Mannlicher rifle is an 11mm Model 1886, a bit battered on the outside - but it has an almost perfect bore. My main interest is still WW1, but over the past four years I have amassed quite a large collection of early East German militaria. This year I have also managed to finally complete my mostly first edition set of 'Military Operations France And Belgium', a total of 26 volumes.

Cheers,
    Steve

P1010607.jpgP1010609.jpgP1010608.jpgP1010610.jpg

MAP
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Some of my pick ups from this year... The Austrian Mannlicher rifle is an 11mm Model 1886, a bit battered on the outside - but it has an almost perfect bore. My main interest is still WW1, but over the past four years I have amassed quite a large collection of early East German militaria. This year I have also managed to finally complete my mostly first edition set of 'Military Operations France And Belgium', a total of 26 volumes.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Gotta love rifles and pistols! Some nice examples there
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome!!!, Steve

Santi

Being in the 'vulnerable' group during Covid lockdown this year has had its advantages. Nowhere to go, only allowed out for a limited amount of time each day, and the money that I would have otherwise spent on holidays and the like - was used in a different way! Even the missus didn't seem to mind for once! Here's a selection of early and later 57er awards which also came my way over several months... and also a bit more DDR. The last item arrived from Germany this morning.... a rare first variant (1949) 'Ehrenzeichen der Duetschen Volkspolizei', that's the badge in the little orange box, second picture, bottom row, far right.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

It has been a year of lots of little things but not many big things still a pretty good year over all.

Unfortunately as you can see from my last two pictures I lost my collectors room. After years of planning it all got boxed up for the kiddo's to have their own playroom.

Square.jpg
    20201028_114702.jpg20200807_124237 (1).jpg20201016_115334 (1).jpg20200718_135645.jpg20200701_125007.jpg20200727_140232.jpg20201026_135740 (1).jpg20200504_103226-COLLAGE.jpg20200504_103232-COLLAGE.jpg

?

That Luftwaffe cape clasp is amazing!. Too bad about your room

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    That Luftwaffe cape clasp is amazing!. Too bad about your room
    Yes I love that clasp, and it is too bad but in the long run it will turn out, next year I get to build an all new room to house the collection, just need to plan it all out.

MAP
    ?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post

Unfortunately ..... I lost my collectors room. ..... for the kiddo's to have their own playroom.
    Been there! But I got even, I made them share a bedroom for 10 years so I could get back my war room. All under the pretext of "learning to share" and building strong brotherly bonds

Great pick ups for the year!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Dos
    ?

There are some very nice acquisitions posted here this run of 2020. Thank you for sharing all!

A great year for me. In the late 2019 and early 2020 i was looking more frequently here on the forum for information about edged weaponry. Since then my eyes fell for the finely detailed skull insignia that are discussed and posted here by a few members. Soon the first examples were purchased and many came after that.. There are still some items on the way, but i don't know if they will come this year. I'll probably be posting them next year! Here are some of the things i like most that were added to my collection:

A Dutch M38 Helmet and a Dutch M53 Helmet

IMG_0737.jpg

A Dutch number matching M1917 Stormdolk.

IMG_1077.jpgIMG_1078.jpg

A German number matching Nordsee Kriegsmarine K98 Bayonet, Still looking for a KM Frog.

IMG_0796.jpgIMG_0797.jpgIMG_0795.jpg

My german totenkopf collection. I also picked up a few other skull insignia along the way that i like. There are still a few skulls in transit to add to the collection, But i will be posting these next year i think. I also made myself a display for my skull insignia. I had some of the material laying around and bought a few things to craft it. I am not posting it all.. Since i don't have a lot of group photo's and dont want to make this post to long i will show my favorite items.

I will link my collection thread here for more detailed photos and other items: My Skulls Of War

IMG_0934.jpgIMG_0937.jpg

A Spanish Lusitania Cavalry skull.

IMG_0702.jpgIMG_0705.jpg

A 100th Anniversary Badge of the Hussar Regiment 92.

100th anniversary of the Hussar Regiment 92.jpg100th anniversary of the Hussar Regiment 92,.jpg

A generous token of friendship from my friend Aldo. A 1st pattern SS Totenkopf, Thank you

Danziger early christmas gift from my friend!

Danziger Totenkopf.jpg

And my very little but detailed stick pin collection of Totenkopf. These are one of my favorite!

-Dos

IMG_1092.jpg

MAP
    ?

Wonderful DOS. Getting one skull a year is an accomplishment...but all of these is amazing. That Spanish skull is uber cool

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast