Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

2020 Pick Ups

Article about: Aldo reminded me again this year that I needed to start a 2020 "Pick Up" thread. So here it is. With Covid, it's been a heck of a year but I'm sure that despite local shows being c

Nice pick ups everybody I still wait one item to arrive for this year, I will make group photo when it will arrive

?

remember that HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS!!! and I guess I know who that will be!? that is just amazing!

?

My 2020 favorite pick ups.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My only purchase this year was this wonderful miniature Ek commando knife
    that Ralph hand crafted for me. I do have a small trinket in coming from the UK
    but no idea if it will get here before the end of 2020.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Greg, mail between the UK and US has not been that bad, here's hoping for an early Christmas present for you.

Quote by Hagen View Post
    Greg, mail between the UK and US has not been that bad, here's hoping for an early Christmas present for you.
    Thanks. I hope you're right. It would be nice to get something other than socks
    for Christmas.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CSW
    ?

I'm afraid my 2020 acquisitions aren't quite as impressive as some of the stuff already shown here thought I'd share my favorites anyway:

The first one will be this airframe piece from RKT Ehrler's Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2 fighter that was shot down in northwestern Russia in 1943 - this was one of the parts the folks in Britain couldn't use in the aircraft's restoration project due to it being excessively damaged.

Yellow12pienempi.jpg

Some ammunition, mostly LW 20 mm. The bigger projectile is a 3,7 cm Pak (AT) HE.

kolli.jpg

And more Luftwaffe items... a 1939 Assmann among other things

_DSC3667.jpg _DSC5384.jpg

I was also able to get something off my must-have list, namely a decent 8,8 cm Flak round and an S-Mine 35.

bucket.jpg

Not to forget all the paper items, photos and the like that I've bought. Here are three of my favorites.

kolli2.jpg

Earlier this year I had the absolute privilege to acquire a large bunch of items - mainly old ground finds - from the extraordinarily kind owner of a former museum. I'm planning on donating most of these to a museum in northern Finland so that the relics could have a new home closer to where they were originally found decades ago.

_DSC5407.jpg

Miscellaneous Soviet items from the early-war period.

_DSC5367.jpg

And a few pieces of German bakelite. I certainly like these small flash reducer containers, especially with the label intact!

kolli3.jpg

Last but not least, a Finnish German-made rangefinder I bought as a little research project. I think it'll be a fine display piece as well once I find a tripod for it. Will try to get the light working too.

_DSC5145.jpg

Thank you for having a look and please keep them coming, I'm really enjoying the thread.

Cheers!

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post
    I'm afraid my 2020 acquisitions aren't quite as impressive as some of the stuff already shown here thought I'd share my favorites anyway:

The first one will be this airframe piece from RKT Ehrler's Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2 fighter that was shot down in northwestern Russia in 1943 - this was one of the parts the folks in Britain couldn't use in the aircraft's restoration project due to it being excessively damaged.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464156[/ATTAC

Some ammunition, mostly LW 20 mm. The bigger projectile is a 3,7 cm Pak (AT) HE.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464157[/ATTAC

And more Luftwaffe items... a 1939 Assmann among other things

_DSC3667.jpg [ATTACH=CONFIG]1464159[/ATTAC

I was also able to get something off my must-have list, namely a decent 8,8 cm Flak round and an S-Mine 35.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464160[/ATTAC

Not to forget all the paper items, photos and the like that I've bought. Here are three of my favorites.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464161[/ATTAC

Earlier this year I had the absolute privilege to acquire a large bunch of items - mainly old ground finds - from the extraordinarily kind owner of a former museum. I'm planning on donating most of these to a museum in northern Finland so that the relics could have a new home closer to where they were originally found decades ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464162[/ATTAC

Miscellaneous Soviet items from the early-war period.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464163[/ATTAC

And a few pieces of German bakelite. I certainly like these small flash reducer containers, especially with the label intact!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464164[/ATTAC

Last but not least, a Finnish German-made rangefinder I bought as a little research project. I think it'll be a fine display piece as well once I find a tripod for it. Will try to get the light working too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1464165[/ATTAC

Thank you for having a look and please keep them coming, I'm really enjoying the thread.

Cheers!

What the Sam Hill do you mean not as impressive! These things are awesome! I'd gladly trade my collection for yours!

One I forgot about, a Czech rain patt jacket with IR camo

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast