Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Agent Zigzag

Article about: G'day all, I don't know how many of you know of a man called Eddie Chapman, better known as agent zigzag. There is a terrific book on his wartime exploits which were just incredible, and app

Default Agent Zigzag

G'day all,
    I don't know how many of you know of a man called Eddie Chapman, better known as agent zigzag. There is a terrific book on his wartime exploits which were just incredible, and apparently a movie is being made on his story! I first read the book several years ago but started rereading it a week or two back after recommending it to Nick (wool gar) and I just googled Chapman to see what info there was online about him and stumbled on the great news that a movie is being made on his story. Apparently Tom Hanks is producing it and is due for release in 2014 or 2015. Anyway fellas, it'll be definitely one to watch out for. If you haven't read the book I would recommend that you have a look out for it, it is a fascinating read and is very hard to put down.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Default Re: Agent Zigzag

Great news!!

there is also this sequel..

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick, I had no idea this book existed! I'll be grabbing a copy of that one too.

A personal hero of mine, here's Chapman's 1997 obit from the Torygraph, just to give you a taste of the fella and his exploits.....

Eddie Chapman - Telegraph

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

He truly was an incredible man, there is not enough adjectives to describe this bloke! And he was going to assasinate hitler too, I reckon he was the type of bloke that would have gone through with it had he not changed his mind. Thank Christ he was working for us rather than against us.

I bet they don't film any of it here in Jersey, Channel Islands where it all started.!!
    D.

There has already been a film based on Chapman called Triple Cross (1966), its not bad. And I seem to remember that they made a big deal about him being in prison in Jersey when the Germans invaded or something. I'll have to dig it out of the DVD pile and watch it again.

Any explanation as to why MI5 declined agent Zig-Zag's numerous offers to assassinate Hitler?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Interesting! I was given a copy of this book a year ago and haven't read it yet. Now I have a reason to.

According to the book MI5 didn't actually believe that the senior Abwehr officer, Von Groning, would get Chapman a second row seat at an NSDAP rally although he had told Chapman that he would so they didn't really think that Chapman had any chance of getting close to hitler.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast