Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

anyone familiar with Visa payements??

Article about: I am not realy! So I just did a payement to the USA, normaly you get to do thise on-line; card number, expiration date and last 3 digits on the reverse of the card. But thise time the guy as

Default anyone familiar with Visa payements??

I am not realy!
    So I just did a payement to the USA, normaly you get to do thise on-line; card number, expiration date and last 3 digits on the reverse of the card.
    But thise time the guy asked me to call him and asked for these figures over the phone, is thise a regular way to work with a visa card??
    The seller is not a total stranger to me, I do know him from ....the net!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: anyone familiar with Visa payements??

I have made purchases over the phone like this a few times with people that I know and trust. If you know the person very well and trust them implicitly, there really should be nothing to worry about.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    I have made purchases over the phone like this a few times with people that I know and trust. If you know the person very well and trust them implicitly, there really should be nothing to worry about.
    OK,thanks Steven.

cheers
    |<ris

I would only do this with someone I knew well too.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would only do this with someone I knew well too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade,
    I am going to know him well ....in a couple of days...
    Cheers
    K

cheers
    |<ris

?

In the main if ordering fasteners for my business from the States I' rather give my card details over the phone and not trust the security of some online systems, also when dealing with large global company's, I feel there is less chance of being ripped off. Also I make a note of who I've spoken too and on what dates the payment details were given.

Visa are very good if you do get ripped off, or scammed by a third party. Again I've had this happen to me this year with a U.K. based fabric wholesaler, were an employee tried to use by company Visa card to go on a spending spree, however they flagged up that there was suspicious activity on my account in under 24 hrs, and also after filling in a claim form, I got all of my money returned to my account within three weeks.

Nige.

P.S. Also from memory Ade had a similar thing happen to him years ago, after buying some kit at a show and yet again Visa soon spotted that there was a problem, due to the unusual spending pattern on the card.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Thanks Nige .
    Thise could stop the wife yelling at me!! ;-)
    Cheers
    K

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Nige, you are correct. I bought a couple of FANY photo albums for Lez, then a couple of weeks later my CC company rang me up asking if I had bought £600 worth of make up. They thought this was odd. They stopped the payment and it never even showed up on my bill.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Exclamation Re: anyone familiar with Visa payements??

Well Ade, .. you might be needing it when the "Hollywood" contract comes through !!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    ... if I had bought £600 worth of make up.
    Cheers, Ade.