Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone have any experience with this militaria dealer?

Article about: I'd been looking at several items considering purchasing & that are listed with internet dealers and ran across Putsch.co.uk I have been doing research on who owns the business and from

Default Anyone have any experience with this militaria dealer?

I'd been looking at several items considering purchasing & that are listed with internet dealers and ran across

Putsch.co.uk

I have been doing research on who owns the business and from what I've found the owners name has been redacted from their public file.

If that is fact which I am uncertain of, that is one heck of a bad sign for sure but I am wondering, has anybody heard of this business, had dealings with them and what were their results?

Thanks in advance.

Well they only seem to have set up business this year, and I can't say that I have ever heard of them.

?

A new website to me. They have a lot of interesting items. Took a quick glance at the buckles, which is my main collecting area, and they have a few nice buckles. Some overpriced and another nice one underpriced. A few questionable buckles. This one sold for 225 pounds and is for sure a fake.

HJ belt buckle | www.putsch.co.uk

Just read their 'About' Us section. Claim to have 40 years of experience etc. Checked another HJ buckle. It is an original. However, in the description it says made of aluminium, same in the description of fake above. This buckle and the fake buckle are both clearly made of steel. Just something I noticed.
    Last edited by weller; 11-19-2021 at 12:33 AM.

I've had a little more time to do further research. What I found does not bode well for those who may be interested in wanting to purchase anything from them. Taken from a web search & if this proves false I will remove this content BUYERS BEWARE!!!! :

Parsed domain name: putsch.co
    Domain name extension: .co
    Estimated domain age: 358 day(s)
    Contact email: abuse@godaddy.com
    Registrar name: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registar Internet Assigned Numbers Authority ID: 146
    Record update dates
    Created date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:22:04 GMT
    Updated date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:22:04 GMT
    Registry data
    Created date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:01:35 GMT
    Updated date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 09:15:10 GMT
    Expires date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 19:01:35 GMT
    Domain's registrant
    Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY

State: Lagos

Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY

Country code: NG
    Telephone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Administrative contact
    Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    State: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Technical contact
    Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    State: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY

LINK OF THIS DISCOVERY: putsch.co | WHOIS Lookup | WhoisXML API

I will also add to this post that I've not called them but someone in UK close by where their supposed phone number is located, please call them and inquire who they are. I know thats a lot to ask but if anyone does call and can provide further details to change my post here, THANK YOU. i would do that on my own but international phone rates from Hawaii dashes my desire to do so.

Well lagos strikes fear for sure. And it is not a UK phone number it should read +44 and then the number minus the zero. It is not a landline or a mobile. Caveat emptor

?

Odd that the site URL (Third Reich Militaria | www.putsch.co.uk) indicates "UK" for United Kingdom (giving the impression that this is a UK-based dealer), when the site domain is registered to the country code for Nigeria. Highly misleading to anyone that does not know how to look up site URL domain registrations on line. Nigeria is also a leading source of Internet-based fraud. Not that this particular dealer is fraudulent, but it is certainly suspicious.

Another red flag is that there is no information on their website indicating a physical address (which in turn could potentially be verified). And the only contact options available with them are via their website, an email address and a phone number. I know from my own experience with them that GoDaddy is based in the US (HQ in Tempe, Arizona) but this does not mean that the dealer's site is located in the US and my impression is that it is most likely not.

I do not conduct business with dealers that I cannot vet completely and independently beforehand, especially when dealing with high value items. Otherwise the risk just is not worth it to me, regardless of whatever it is they are selling or the prices being asked.