Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

BBC's 'Bargain Hunt' etc.

Article about: I've noticed recently that some of the auctioneers featured on the plethora of BBC antiques programmes have begun to turn up some really nice quality Third Reich items. First, it was Charles

Default BBC's 'Bargain Hunt' etc.

I've noticed recently that some of the auctioneers featured on the plethora of BBC antiques programmes have begun to turn up some really nice quality Third Reich (particularly SS) items.

First, it was Charles Hanson with Ulrich Graf's Blood Order. (Sold for c. £47,450 - inc. commission & VAT)

Next, James Lewis with no less than THREE SS-Totenkopfrings. (Sold in total for c. £22,500 - exc. commission & VAT)

Now, it's Richard Winterton with the best SS tropical cap I've ever seen and a Himmler-related grouping. These have still to be sold.

Well done to all of them !!

The publicity has finally paid off. Big time.

So .............. perhaps they and their expert pals can now persuade the BBC to include some TR items on their various antiques shows, as 'legitimate collectables' ?? Even SS items ??

Well, maybe not.

If word of what they're trading in these days gets out, they could be 'cancelled' !!
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 03-16-2022 at 10:49 PM.