Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Community Spirit / Forum Support

Article about: Administrators? Just had an idea and that dosen't happen very often! It is in two to three phases but might help all members in view of collapsing economy and lack of cash flow. Phase 1, Est

Default Community Spirit / Forum Support

Administrators?

Just had an idea and that dosen't happen very often! It is in two to three phases but might help all members in view of collapsing economy and lack of cash flow.

Phase 1, Establish within the classifieds a 'swap shop' where like minded people can haggel over the hoards of buckshee kit they have. I for one have an excess of field equipment that I might want to swap say for a some badges of equivilant value.

Phase 2, Cash is ever shorter for lots of people so perhaps members that again feel the site provides value can if short of cash donate an item to the site for perhaps sale, raffel or more inkeeping with the spirit a no reserve auction affair.

Phase 3, End state. I believe despite the possible co-ordination problems this would be worthwhile to encourage an excellent community spirit and starting point for some of the younger members. Its just not as painful as parting with cash.

Just an idea may be impossible for technical or legal reasons.

Default Re: Community Spirit / Forum Support

In theory a fab idea....

Default Re: Community Spirit / Forum Support

Hi Jock, these are all good ideas and have some merit. Thanks for posting them.

I am working on a few things re forum sales at present.

Cheers, Ade.