Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Couriers / Carriers / Deliverers from hell

Article about: Like most of us here, I’m on the receiving end (mostly) of a large number of Carriers…gone are the days when uniformed Postie delivered everything! Now we get a plethora of white vans an

long time ago a sender whacked on a wrong house number! Our Aust post driver (still with us) fixed it, frikken wrong addressee didn't help!!!

I had problems with Amazon continuously delivering my packages to the wrong adress and my neighbors had to keep delivering them to me.Needless to say they were getting pissed as we live on a deadend drive and there's only four houses back here! I called Amazon and told them of the problem more than once and also informed them that my neighbors are not theirdrivers and aren't paid to do their drivers job. The last time I called and b#####d the girl told me she would lock my adress into the drivers GPS and the other houses out and told me if the driver attempts to deliver it to the wrong address he'll know and she also told me if it happens again the driver did it intentionatly and I should call them immediatly.It's been almost a year and no problems, why can't the other carriers do the same?

Bill

Best Monthly investment I made in receiving packages safely ...was getting a PO Box ..which Amazon Fed Ex UPS etc delivers to.
    No Annoyed neighbors ..or orphaned packages waiting to be kidnapped on front steps anymore. I just follow a tracking number and go to the Post Office to pick it up...No Hassle or worries
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Package finally delivered.
    It seems that my wife had a typo when creating the address label.
    My fault for not double checking.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CSW
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I just follow a tracking number and go to the Post Office to pick it up...No Hassle or worries
    This is precisely how it works by default here in the capital of Finland - no investments needed. I pick up my parcels either at the local post office or at the grocery store some 100 meters (~330ft) down the street from my front door.

So far I haven't had a single bad experience myself so it sure is interesting to hear all those bizarre horror stories from the other side of the pond(s)

I send like a parcel a day, average.
    So I got lots of story's.
    Best story; is a big parcel I have send with GLS Belgium to Sweden, somewhere in 2018.
    To cut a long story short, it got lost , then they recovered it and would be send back to me.
    After waiting 2 weeks and asking what was going on, they told me they lost it again.
    And that I would get a refund.
    That refund was a joke, they ask you for a invoice for the item when I baught it. Because that was what I would get.
    As I am in antiques and usualy get my stuff from house clearings, there is no specific invoice for each item.
    So they took the value I sold it for and divided it by 3, and that was what I got, after 3 months.

One year later, the lady from the parcel shop I use to send my parcels from (good I know them well!), told me there was a returned parcel fro me.
    It only could be that one because I never used GLS services again.
    And yes it was that particular parcel, well packed as it started it's journey, when it left. With all marine collectibles untouched in it.
    I didn't had to sign for it and never heard of GLS again.

Makes me wunder how they run theyre business....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3