Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Delta Int'l Catalog

Article about: I continue to clean out my late mothers house. Found this in the attic yesterday. My copy of one of Delta International's catalogs. It has no date but would expect it to be from the early 70

MAP
    ?

Default Delta Int'l Catalog

I continue to clean out my late mothers house. Found this in the attic yesterday.

My copy of one of Delta International's catalogs. It has no date but would expect it to be from the early 70's. I hope to find my copy of the Unique Imports catalog as well

As a child I bought two items.

One the infamous fantasy FM SS armband and the other a copy Kriegs flag. I still have both. I often use the Kriegs flag as a backdrop for my photos.

Enjoy.

Delta 1.jpg

Delta 2.jpg

Delta 3.jpg

Delta 4.jpg

Delta 5.jpg

Delta 6.jpg

Delta 7.jpg

Delta 8.jpg

Delta 9.jpg

Delta 10.jpg

Delta 11.jpg

Delta 12.jpg

Delta 13.jpg

Delta 14.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

So..........

Found this letter in a suitcase in the attic of my childhood home along with all my other things my mother saved since I was a boy.

I wrote when I was probably 12 or 13 to Militaria International. I always thought I purchased this from Delta but appears not (unless they were sister companies as they are just a few miles from each other)

Added the actual armband to the photo.

FM Armband.jpg_1600x1200.jpg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great article. It sure brings back some memories. Thanks for posting. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

I love that feeling of a 'Million' memories in an instant, whenever I find my old things at my parents..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I love that feeling of a 'Million' memories in an instant, whenever I find my old things at my parents..
    Thanks G

She saved EVERYTHING and even wrote little notes on most with a date as well. Took me a few hours to go through hundreds of items from Pre-K to Grad School.

Sadly I had to cull the vast majority (do I really need all the Valentine Day cards from kids in my Kindergarten class? LoL) But I saved just enough so that my boys can dig them out of my attic one day and look through memory lane.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Great article. It sure brings back some memories. Thanks for posting. BILL
    Thanks Bill. Lots of other "treasures" found. This was just all the "paper" stuff.

?

When I see this in your catalog, I wonder if this is from them ?? I was going to bid on this not too long ago..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    When I see this in your catalog, I wonder if this is from them ?? I was going to bid on this not too long ago..
    Wow! scary. If it was from them, a $4.50....I highly doubt it was original.

Back then, I thought they were...but I was just a kid.

I've got an old catalog from "WW2 products Ltd." Same type of company,
    I've had the catalog sence I was probably 14 years old. I did once buy and iron cross
    out of it. It was made of lead with a safety pin for attachment.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

JCB
    ?

Hello MAP! I too bought from the Delta catelogs back in the early 80’s when I was a teen interested in military stuff. Do you have any old Delta catelogs that picture the reproduction Japanese kamikaze headbands? To this day these repros are being passed off as originals. Here is one of those reproductions in the pic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast