Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dirty helmets...sucking another man's thumb....

Article about: I was moistening my thumb this morning as I was about to read a makers stamp on a Brit Mk2 helmet….and I stopped myself with a quite unpleasant thought – “how many other moistened thum

?

The only fears i have had in regards to a “contaminated/infested item” was a S-Mine wooden transit box i got that had woodworm holes. I used a woodworm killer solution and left it in a sealed bag for a month.

Overreacting? Yeah but this was when i just started collecting so i just wanted to be sure the woodworm was dead

Kohima, I should stress that us Mk2-ites don’t wipe dates from things......we’re wiping dirt/dust from the dates to facilitate their reading......’just to clarify :-)

..anyway, this isn’t a thread about Covid.....it’s about swapping spit......eeeuuuugh....

I will pass my address along to any members that want to mail me their man card. How many times have you eaten a sandwich after putting a worm on a hook, how many MRE’s have you eaten in the field with dirty hands or dirty fork that you wiped “clean” on your trousers????? Shame, shame,shame LOL!!!!!

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Real men wipe gun oil and other crap off their hands with a slice of bread, fry it, stick a fried egg on it, and then eat it while sitting on a thunder box...

?

I had the same 'finger' dilemma yesterday - on a MkII, white with a letter no less - I hit that point of smearing dirt everywhere before breaking an getting the dish cloth, which seems do disturb my wife more than me using my finger. I think it's like a vaccine, you have do it every so often to keep the immune system in a state of readiness. The anxiety will get to you before the dirt.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Real men wipe gun oil and other crap off their hands with a slice of bread, fry it, stick a fried egg on it, and then eat it while sitting on a thunder box...
    On the Frikken floor crying!!!

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I had the same 'finger' dilemma yesterday - on a MkII, white with a letter no less - I hit that point of smearing dirt everywhere before breaking an getting the dish cloth, which seems do disturb my wife more than me using my finger. I think it's like a vaccine, you have do it every so often to keep the immune system in a state of readiness. The anxiety will get to you before the dirt.
    It's not like a vaccine, it's more a case of building UP the immune system. You can't beat getting stuck into something covered in gunge and giving it a good clean without a bloody marigold rubber glove in sight. Oh the joys of scrubbing out all the sh*t from underneath the fingernails and reeking of paraffin and oil afterwards, the aromas much better than any poncy red wine! And as for the dermatitis, we wear the battle scars with pride!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Remember to wash your knobs and knockers!

The postman will thank you for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2