MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Do you rember the 90's? No internet, only lists ....

Article about: Bender 1.jpg Bender2.jpg

Default Do you rember the 90's? No internet, only lists ....

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I was 8 years old in 1974 -growing up in Germany- when I began this Obsession -There were no books with detailed pictures, I had no lists, No Money whatsoever and precious little Knowledge...I'd pick through the "trash" left behind in houses about to be demolished, dragging home anything German Militaria-Related that I could find, lol...By 1980 I had an Army Footlocker packed with WWII Memorabilia...Back in the US -Ft.Knox, Ky- as a teenager, I'd go Dumpster Diving at the Patton Museum - where I found my first ever "List", lol...
    regards, Glenn

It really is hard to remember that things were like that. 90's and 80's!!.
    A catalog or two. Buying by mail ... Writing and receiving letters from the seller ...
    Regards.
    Santi

I only remember the lists and the fairs in Germany in Stuttgart and Dortmund, where I met many people and found such good pieces...Now, we have internet...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I can remember, scanning the catalogues to find something I could afford........they & telephones were the 'internet' back then !
    Paul

From the 60's onwards, the Exchange & Mart magazine was a good source of militaria - as were the army surplus stores in Manchester. There were the occasional militaria shops, but back then they were few and far between - although there was one on the more affluent side of Manchester where I used to help out of a Saturday morning. My 'pay' went towards the purchase of anything I fancied in the shop where it would be on hold until I had worked enough hours to claim it. Second hand shops were also a good reliable source for militaria. During my teens the only militaria fair I can recall being held was at the CIS building - also in Manchester.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 03-20-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling error

Exchange & Mart was my port of call into the hobby....suggested by my Dad ! From there a couple of dealer shops in town..then, the Angel arcade Islington (Camden Passage), Saturday mornings, not to mention, an old army surplus shop in Walthamstow Market (70s/80s)...the treasures that must have laid there...unknown !
    Paul

MAP
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    It really is hard to remember that things were like that. 90's and 80's!!.
    A catalog or two. Buying by mail ... Writing and receiving letters from the seller ...
    Regards.
    Santi
    ROFL! In cleaning out my late mothers house this year, I came across one of these "letters" I wrote to purchase an SS FM armband (besides the point... but the armband turned out to be a Fantasy piece )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I started getting serious about collecting in the 80's and I bought a few
    items form printed catalogs. Most were good but I did get burned a couple times.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 03-20-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.