Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Dumpster Diving

Article about: On the back of the fun "Ugly War Rooms" thread that was started due to me finding some cheap Ikea shelving in my neighbors trash. I found another fantastic piece just a few minutes

MAP
    ?

Default Dumpster Diving

On the back of the fun "Ugly War Rooms" thread that was started due to me finding some cheap Ikea shelving in my neighbors trash. I found another fantastic piece just a few minutes ago while driving back from the store. It was sitting there on the sidewalk waiting for tomorrows trash pickup. So opened the hatch of my Subaru and loaded it in. Quite the heavy piece.

Its a beautiful solid oak (?) curio cabinet. Lighted with mirrored backing. Just need to get some glass shelving made. It's tall with some decent width but very little depth. Not sure I can fit a helmet in there but will be great for smaller items (note: due to the mirrors it looks like a hexagon but in reality it is only 3 sided with a flat back)

So....what have you found dumpster diving???? Add your photos!!!!

Display Cabinet.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome Michael Nice find

and if anyone else is interested in searching for display cases or Curio cabinets marked down nearly 80% ..I would encourage going on Facebook Market place and type those keywords in..gauranteed you will find many of what your looking for in the area you live in.

people just want to get rid of them and dont want them anymore .

These cases such as what Michael has found are very perfect and display very well the smaller items.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Awesome Michael Nice find

and if anyone else is interested in searching for display cases or Curio cabinets marked down nearly 80% ..I would encourage going on Facebook Market place and type those keywords in..gauranteed you will find many of what your looking for in the area you live in.

people just want to get rid of them and dont want them anymore .

These cases such as what Michael has found are very perfect and display very well the smaller items.
    New, I'm sure this cabinet is $400+.

I will give FB approach a try. Thanks!

Edit: Holy COW!!!! that is fantastic Larry.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Oh hell yeah!! Great score.