Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eyewitness museum

Article about: First off all, i'm sorry if this is the wrong section. Please move it if so. Some really sad news today. Last night there was a break-in at the Eyewitness museum. I'm sure some of you have h

Very sad, hopefully the Police might get a tip or a break through and the scum who did this.

I too, was planning on visiting this fine Museum when it re-opens.

?

I see that this an other's are now hitting the news here.

Thieves Grab Nazi Memorabilia in Museum Heists, Puzzling Police

They seem to have been very organized. They even had a Fake Police car....

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I see that this an other's are now hitting the new here.

Thieves Grab Nazi Memorabilia in Museum Heists, Puzzling Police

They seem to have been very organized. They even had a Fake Police car....

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I agree with the article supposition that these are made to order hits. With all these items being stolen, if it was to resell in the market, these items would eventually resurface on the open market. The fact that no items have ever surfaced (there was a big private collection mentioned here a year or two ago and nothing has surfaced), points to these being immediately transferred into some very wealthy collectors private collection, never to be seen again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Same thing just happened here in Denmark!!
    Seems like they are doing a organised tour around Europe!
    The article is in Danish, but three German uniforms and a prisoner tunic was stolen.

Flere nazi-uniformer stjalet fra museum – Ekstra Bladet

So sad indeed.

?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Same thing just happened here in Denmark!!
    Seems like they are doing a organised tour around Europe!
    The article is in Danish, but three German uniforms and a prisoner tunic was stolen.

Flere nazi-uniformer stjalet fra museum – Ekstra Bladet

So sad indeed.
    Just awful

Quote by MAP View Post
    I agree with the article supposition that these are made to order hits. With all these items being stolen, if it was to resell in the market, these items would eventually resurface on the open market. The fact that no items have ever surfaced (there was a big private collection mentioned here a year or two ago and nothing has surfaced), points to these being immediately transferred into some very wealthy collectors private collection, never to be seen again.
    It's definitely the most believable theory, if your are going to break into a museum to steal artefacts, and sell them why not go after more than just a handful of items and if your smart get more common items that are harder to track back to the robbery like a bunch of helmets/uniforms/medals than something specific like the uniform Hitler's personal chef wore. I wonder how much these "collectors" (thieves) are paying these guys, must be a lot since some of these items are valued from the 10s to 100s of thousands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2