Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fly over

Article about: Just 5 minutes ago, I head some large propellers coming down the valley. I was able to get outside to see a ww2 B25 fly directly over my house. I believe it was probably the B25 named Miss M

Default Fly over

Just 5 minutes ago, I head some large propellers coming down the valley.
    I was able to get outside in time to see a ww2 B25 fly directly over my house.

I believe it was probably the B25 named Miss Mitchell based out of St.Paul Mn.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Yes, one I’ve seen further down the river here many years. Not sure if it’s the same one that has the inside of the bomb bay doors signed by USAAF veterans or not? Took my B-25 pilot great grandfather to see it parked at the airport years ago. I went inside but my great grandpa, ~95 at the time couldn’t make it up into the plane. He signed the inside of the bomb bay doors that were covered in hundreds of names of vets from around the country. You could pay to take a flight in it and he was going to fly in it, key word here is fly. A scuffle was going to start when he found out that meant sitting in the back and not actually flying with the yoke from the pilot/co-pilot seats.

I had a Catalina flying boat do a low pass over our house just last week. It sounded a bit like a Dak when it was in the distance, and then I caught sight of it. Always nice to hear prop engines instead of those infernal jet engines as the passenger planes head to Liverpool Airport.

?

I had the pleasure of sitting in the cockpit of a B25 the "Yankee Warrior" at an airshow years ago. Small space for a big guy.

Regards, Al