Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Friendly helmet survey :)

Article about: Hey guys! I just wanted to do a friendly community thing, So if anyone is interested in sharing their opinion feel free too! So I want to know what’s your favorite model German helmet, m34,

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Mauser- yes my next helmet is hopefully going to be a m40
    And Brig- I know someone who has a very very nice snow camo he goes by the name of Map haha.
    Quote by Brig View Post
    Any model in snow camo...and nope, I don't own one unfortunately
    You mean this?

M40 Q64 Winter White Wash 2 (1).jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes that helmet makes me jealous haha!t. Map I meant to ask when you first showed me, does it have a liner in it or is it just a shell?

MAP
    ?

.....Then I saw you mention a M35 apple green Helmet on a thread I looked it up and fell in love lol.
    So I can say you got me hooked on a quest for a M35 apple green helmet and for that I thank you
    When I was 10 or so, I begged my Dad to buy me a helmet from this catalog (forgot the name but most of us old guys here in the US remember the company). They sold a mix of surplus and reconditioned items. They would buy up surplus Norwegian re-issued German helmets and then repaint and decal them. I got an M35 Apple green M35. Still have it to this day. Will never sell it. But I knew one day I would want an original. If you can even find someone to sell you an early Mint apple green DD Heer M35, it will set you back a small fortune.

Here is my son when he was around 7 (I think) wearing the helmet.

IMAG0283.jpg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Yes that helmet makes me jealous haha!t. Map I meant to ask when you first showed me, does it have a liner in it or is it just a shell?
    M40 Q64 Winter White Wash 8.jpg

Wow now that is a good story and I’m glad you will never get rid of the helmet that is one thing that should be passed down forever! That story can’t help but make your heart fill with happiness.!

- - ------- - -

Wow with a very very nice liner, Map what helmet do you not have lol.

MAP
    ?

Map what helmet do you not have lol.
    Trust me, there are many I don't have.

My favorite type of helmet would be the early Luftwaffe m35 DD with the first type decal. I've probably said this a couple times here but might as well say it again but the early blue finish and the 1st type decal look great to me. I recently bought an 35 DD luft but it has the 2nd type decal though the named part of it sold me on it, that being said I still wouldn't mind getting one.

Hey politefaun yes the early blue paint is lovely!

TWS
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    My favorite type of helmet would be the early Luftwaffe m35 DD with the first type decal. I've probably said this a couple times here but might as well say it again but the early blue finish and the 1st type decal look great to me. I recently bought an 35 DD luft but it has the 2nd type decal though the named part of it sold me on it, that being said I still wouldn't mind getting one.
    The one I threw in for helmet of the year competition thread set me back more $ than I care to admit.
    20180531_200549.jpg20180531_201149.jpg20180531_201405.jpg
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

That is one beautiful luftwaffe helmet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast