Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Friendly helmet survey :)

Article about: Hey guys! I just wanted to do a friendly community thing, So if anyone is interested in sharing their opinion feel free too! So I want to know what’s your favorite model German helmet, m34,

For me - I prefer M35.40 over 42.

I really like all of Stevade's polizei helmets, and also the Bahnschutzpolizei helmets.

nick

As someone who enjoys the rugged look of mid- to late-war kit, I prefer M42 helmets over others. It's interesting to be able to chart the degradation of German manufacturing standards through the equipment they produced, and a late war M42 is representative of that. A lot of the very late ones have ripples in the skirt from impurities in the steel. While that may not appeal to many, the breakdown in German industry is more interesting to me than the high-end stuff produced during the early days of the Reich.

Regards, B.B.

My favourite helmets are Heer M42 SD and ND
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks AndyM35 and Houndstooth ... I really must try and get a matching M34 and M17 to match the ones I've got.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    When I was 10 or so, I begged my Dad to buy me a helmet from this catalog (forgot the name but most of us old guys here in the US remember the company). They sold a mix of surplus and reconditioned items. They would buy up surplus Norwegian re-issued German helmets and then repaint and decal them.
    And this, coupled with people removing paint in search of decals, is why Norwegian repurposed helmets are getting tough to find!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Same for me. While I love camo helmets the most due to there individuality, if I could only have one helmet, it would be a mint 1936 light apple green M35 DD Heer with embossed liner, dome stamp and carabineer clip chin strap.
    Yeah, me too, preferably with a Wilhelm Abels decal.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    And this, coupled with people removing paint in search of decals, is why Norwegian repurposed helmets are getting tough to find!
    Back in the early 70's, they couldn't give them away. Just like all the K98 rifles sporterized post war.

Hind sight is always 20/20
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by TWS View Post
    The one I threw in for helmet of the year competition thread set me back more $ than I care to admit.
    Attachment 1273790Attachment 1273791Attachment 1273792
    But at least it won helmet of the year 😉

Quote by MAP View Post
    You mean this?

Attachment 1273787
    Sweet! Would love to own a legit snow camo one day.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    But at least it won helmet of the year ��
    That has to count for something, right? Makes the expense a bit more bearable.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast