Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

The Future of our Hobby Part II (legislation)

Article about: I noticed the previous thread about the future of our hobby went off topic into something political and got closed down. This is in my opinion a shame because the topic concerns all of us. I

May " we " come in ?

" We have intel that you are hiding a tinnie on your premises "

hans.PNG
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Right !!

" All of this is very Silly "

silly.PNG
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Just thinking about all the actual problems this country is currently facing, instead of sorting out real issues they target us, harmless medal collectors.
    because "fascism" is a huuuge problem in Australia right now isn't it?
    oh well, pointless even saying it at this point, i don't even feel very comfortable talking on this site anymore.

(Take this comment down if its too political)

I received a new helmet on Monday, albeit an Imperial German M16, but interestingly the box was not opened by Australian customs on arrival. So either the laws are more implied than enforced (particularly with collectors), or custom staff are yet to be trained, or checks are random, but I’m hoping that the reality is the laws are more lax. We’ll have to wait and see.

Andy

?

Andy, I have a better idea. why don't you follow me and my family and move to England? don't have to worry about such silly laws there (yet)

Quote by Josh View Post
    Andy, I have a better idea. why don't you follow me and my family and move to England? don't have to worry about such silly laws there (yet)
    Would love to Josh! All of my other hobbies have very strong followings in the UK, and I love history, and it would be a well placed jumping off location for trips to Europe etc! Unfortunately, with ageing parents and in-laws, it would be hard at this stage, but never say never….
    Andy

?

exactly, you never know what can happen. my family wouldn't of even thought about moving back to the U.K a few years ago, yet here we are.
    whatever happens, just remember our overlords have absolutely no clue what they're doing and don't care about us in the slightest

Back in 2004 my wife and I toured the east side of Oz. We rode a Harley Electra Glide from Sydney, inland about 200-300 miles, zig zagged from the mountains then back to the Pacific all the way up to Cairns and then back.

Every small town has what's called an RSL club, Reserve Service League.

The RSL as they are fondly known as are establishments similar to Americas VFW. For a fee, you can get supper served. Afterward, they clear the tables and chairs and a band comes in so people can dance to music.

They have Pokeys, AKA slot machines. As a side note in every one of these towns when talking with locals they asked where we were from because of our American accent. We'd say, America!

They'd ask, have you been to Las Vegas and is it all it's cracked up to be? It was darn near on everyones bucket list to come to the USA and to Vegas! Of course the conversation went deep into that as we'd been there several times.

Back to the subject at hand, in display cases and on walls some had lists & photos of men and women who served in WWII from their towns & of course those who were lost & fallen in battle. Those fortunate enough to make it home, some donated their war trophies to these social clubs and items were displayed for people to see.

I wonder what will happen, will they criminalize these clubs and their members for what their men brought home and donated? I find it quite incredible, Australians fought in battles, in Africa and other locations where they fought against Germans.

I don't know how any politician could call these war vets and their families Neo Nazis for giving their lives as well as giving their time in combat to battle a enemy, then come home, donate their trophies so others can see where and what these men fought against.

There were many images of captures, flags, helmets with insignia, softy head gear and darn near the whole gamut of uniforms spread all over these places. We are talking about a 2,500 mile journey 1 way and weeks of nightly going to these places when we could which was frequently. My wife loves pokeys so...

Are these leftist idiots blind and the next obvious question are they that dumb too to cause mayhem and imprison these people?

?

"Are these leftist idiots blind and the next obvious question are they that dumb too"
    yes Rich, they are exactly that

I cannot fathom why people just lay down to these leftists, actually they are just like nazis. I will never go back to Australia. I wanted to but this political censorship crap is beyond reason.

I will not support a country that does that. Whats crazier is they do this censorship under the guise of protecting a sect of religion while allowing another sect to run roughshod over them.

Recent protests in Australia by those who are just as bad as nazis to do near as they please & freely flying their flags that promote a genocide. saying its hypocritical pales to what is actually going on there. Would not be surprised if a civil war breaks out in Australia as they were very harsh with their pandemic measures. They can only push so far before the push back occurs and when it does the leftists will act surprised.

We are witnesses to history repeating itself, the very reason we as collectors & historians have these things is to prove what happens when authorities go amuck.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11