Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

help:Can you give me an estimate of this telescope british

Article about: dear friends hello Can you give me an estimate of this telescope, In 1940, in the wreckage of a boat, stranded on the beach of Dunkirk, it is an English manufacture, under the Canadian licen

Default help:Can you give me an estimate of this telescope british

dear friends hello
    Can you give me an estimate of this telescope,
    In 1940, in the wreckage of a boat, stranded on the beach of Dunkirk, it is an English manufacture,
    under the Canadian licence, the optics are not broken but have some black spots in
    field of view, the main tube has some depressions and is highly oxidized
    Being interested, More by the origin of the object than by its state , I prefer to be able to make a rational and honest offer
    Sorry for the quality of the photos I have not yet had the object in hand, in advance I thank you for your answer

Sincerely ,,Johann.

chers amis bonjour
    Pouvez vous me faire une estimation, de ce télescope ,Que l’on me propose, ce télescope a été récupéré
    En 1940 dans l’épave d’un bateau ,échoué sur la plage de DUNKERQUE ,il s’agit d’une fabrication anglaise,
    sous licence canadienne, les optiques ne sont pas cassés mais présente quelques taches noires dans
    le champ de vision, le tube principal présente quelques enfoncement et il est fortement oxydé
    Étant intéressé, Plus par la provenance de l’objet que par son état , je préfère pouvoir faire une offre rationnel et honnête
    Désolé pour la qualité des photos je n’ai pas eu encore l’objet en main, par avance je vous remercie pour votre réponse

Cordialement ,Johann.

long vue.jpg
    longue vue2.jpg
    longue vue3.jpg

before you even consider purchasing, you need to establish what proof the seller has that the telescope was recovered from a wreck at Dunkirk in 1940. You should never accept a story as being true without some form of proof. Quite often a story is attached to an object to increase its value.

probably impossible to prove its "history", which makes it worth whatever the scope is worth in its own right
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    probably impossible to prove its "history", which makes it worth whatever the scope is worth in its own right
    I thank you for your answers, which is why I want a rational estimate, in relation to the state of the object and not are uncertain origin.

je vous remercie pour vos réponses,c'est pour cela que je veux une estimation rationnel,en rapport avec l'état de l,objet et non sont origine incertaine.

Given its condition, I would say between £60 - £80... but please bear in mind that this is only what I would be prepared to pay. Someone else might wish to pay more!

I thank you for your estimate, which seems to me to be a fair price, in relation to the state of the object.

cordially,johann.

je vous remercie pour votre estimation,c'est un prix qui me semble juste ,par rapport a l'état de l'objet.

cordialement,johann