Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HM Queen Elizabeth II has passed

Article about: It may not matter to many but to those of us for whom it does; Rest in peace Your Majesty, you kept your promise. The Queens is dead! Long live the King!

La Reine est morte, Vive le Roi...

DIEU ET MON DROIT !

JPhilip

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Mark, Robin, and all my Brothers and Sisters who served in the British forces and to all my Forum brothers and sisters "across the pond"...

Here are some images of the Berlin Birthday Parade, June 1987..

The Queen wore a red dress and her hat had a red flower..

I was honored to have been invited. Mark, I imagine you were out on the Parade Field somewhere...

I felt obligated to dig out these photos, although small in detail, it was something I will never forget..

Best regards,

Smitty

I too swore allegiance to Queen Elizabeth II, and the Commonwealth of Australia in February of 1971,
    and after 20 years of service in the Army I still hold that oath dear.

May this magnificent woman and Monarch Rest In Peace.

In sadness

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

A very sad day indeed. May she Rest In Peace.

?

She had been around for such a long time. An amazing woman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I watched the news all afternoon yesterday after the ill health annoucement was made. Like most, she is the only Monarch I have known. It feels very strange to think of her not being here. Feeling very sad. She did a fantastic selfless job.

RIP
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post

Mark, I imagine you were out on the Parade Field somewhere...

Best regards,

Smitty
    Yes, I was sweating my skin off in the security cordon near the Glockenturm roughly in the area from which your photographs were taken! We were there a couple of hours before the parade and about an hour after. It was a hard but very proud day. We were all quietly rather pleased to have taken part. Also, as you would expect, the "after party" was spectacular

I did manage a few pics (I had a small Kodak Instamatic in my pocket) which were remarkably similar to yours. Cameras have improved a little since

As the 2nd Elizabethan era closes King Charles has some very big "boots to fill"

God save the King!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Dedicated to Her Country and People.

Rest in Peace Great Woman ...Gods Peace be upon her Family and Country
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I was privileged, and enormously proud, to have attended the Service of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey in 2018, in the presence of Her Majesty.
    So small in physique, yet so great in stature.

“I did but see her, passing by,
    Yet I shall love her, ‘til I die.”

?

Oui une grande reine vient de partir mes condoléances a toute la grande bretagne

Roger6

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast