Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Items to collect for collectors who are getting started?

Article about: Hey all. I figured I'd post a thread to get some discussion going. The question I would like to pose is: for new collectors getting started in the hobby, what are some items you recommend to

Welcome to the forum.

As Smitty said in post #2. Collect items that really interest you. Don't buy
    something just because it is military. You will soon loose interest in it and
    you will realize that moneys could have been better spent elsewhere.

Don't think of military collecting as an investment. You will be disappointed.
    Collect because you actually have an interest in the item or what it's history represents and
    always remember to do your homework. If you have any doubts about an item, post it here
    before you spend the money. We have members here that have some knowledge on just about
    an area of military collecting.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 09-30-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

As Smitty said in post #2. Collect items that really interest you. Don't buy
    something just because it is military. You will soon loose interest in it and
    you will realize that moneys could have better spent elsewhere.

Don't think of military collecting as an investment. You will be disappointed.
    Collect because you actually have an interest in the item or what it's history represents and
    always remember to do your homework. If you have any doubts about an item, post it here
    before you spend the money. We have members here that have some knowledge on just about
    an area of military collecting.
    Thanks for the advice! It's easy to get caught up in finding militaria that I have to remind myself that I am looking for things that interest me.

I once spoke to the owner of Bender Publications. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever encountered, he was friendly, helpful and down to earth. New collectors will find that the veteran collector's are the most friendly, helpful people you will deal with. They are the best resource for advice in collecting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2