Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Keeping safe when buying and selling online

Article about: There are plenty of these in ebay and ioffer.com

Default Re: Keeping safe when buying and selling online

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I seriously think you should make this a sticky, for several reasons. It's good advice to others, and i am working on opening a relics web shop, so i would have to search for these good guidelines a lot. I can of course save a link to it.
    Hi Datrus, this is already a sticky thread in "Discussions".

Thanks to all for the positive comments.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi I am new to the site here, but have been buying and selling online for years and would agree with all that was stated above. It is also helpful to work with a reputable website that has issue resolution and offers money back there are several out there. I also have an upper limit to what I will risk buying online. I perfer if it is a more expensive item to only purchase it at a show or in person.

?

Just bumping this wonderful thread back up to the top, as it is getting late for some of us, and as the wine may well be flowing, we need to remember to keep our guard up whilst browsing and buying!

Cheers, and here's to safe collecting!

Regards,

Carl

I think it is again time to bump this thread back up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Great Thread

The point regarding pictures and requesting additional pictures taken alongside a current newspaper is a great tip. Never trust what your eyes are telling you!.

The same dagger photo-shopped in 5 mins >

ACS.jpg

Greetings!
    Thank you for this thread. It is helpful. Where can I find general information regarding shipping/selling restrictions (US to other countries) for items such as the SS dagger that I am planning on listing here? Via word of mouth only, it sounds like the risk of having the package confiscated or otherwise 'disappearing' might persuade me to limit the sale to US buyers only.
    Also, I will need to set up a PayPal or similar account to facilitate the transaction. Is this, from your experience, the most utilized/reliable platform for buyers and sellers on this site?
    Any tips or website search/link suggestions you may offer in order for me to continue with my research are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Quote by Sturgis View Post
    Greetings!
    Thank you for this thread. It is helpful. Where can I find general information regarding shipping/selling restrictions (US to other countries) for items such as the SS dagger that I am planning on listing here? Via word of mouth only, it sounds like the risk of having the package confiscated or otherwise 'disappearing' might persuade me to limit the sale to US buyers only.
    Also, I will need to set up a PayPal or similar account to facilitate the transaction. Is this, from your experience, the most utilized/reliable platform for buyers and sellers on this site?
    Any tips or website search/link suggestions you may offer in order for me to continue with my research are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Hello,
    There are no problems shipping this item to Canada and numerous other countries.
    Simply put a disclaimer in your ad stating that you are not responsible for laws regarding this item in the country of destination. You are not responsible if confiscated due to legalities.
    If you want to protect yourself from someone purchasing this, sending payment, and them making a claim with pay pal and being successful at getting the money and the dagger, state that you will only accept bank checks, money orders or, if personal check, it must clear your bank before item will be sent.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is very good advice. I really appreciate it! I really want to be clear on the variables before jumping in so I can avoid any problems that may occur due to my inexperience.
    Thank you!

Thanks for the great advice! Especially important for beginners like me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3