Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Last Bastion for Collectors

Article about: The War Relics Forum is the last bastion of forums for collectors as far as I'm concerned. I've been a member for more than 10 years and have learned a lot on this forum. For the most part e

Aldo,,

I can definitely relate to what you have experienced "over there"..

I signed up to the WAF several years ago before I knew this site existed.. I was never a paying member and one reason I joined was for the SALE section where I was able to pick up some of the reference books that I have been seeking for a very long time..

I too felt like I was treated like an outsider and even though I had in my opinion significant information to share about particular areas I believe I am knowledgeable in regarding US militaria I was quickly suppressed and even more surprised when I recognized other members on the WAF forum that belong to the same US forum that I do but their comments were reversed?? Go figure,, another reason why I try to keep my name the same on all forums so that there is no misconception that I am trying to "duck under the radar" under another name.. The arrogance level and condescending attitudes are just too much and the back and forth bickering and bantering never really answers questions asked...

I am truthful and honest as well as transparent (at least I think I am) and I have no reason to hide behind different names on different forums..

I am more than happy to spend my money here on annual fees to maintain this forum other than wasting my money on the WAF..

I came across this forum when I was introduced to the German Helmet Forum by some members and I joined both and I am happy that I did..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

I would just add.

There are some very good people over there (as well on other forums) that have really helped me out over the years.

The problems forums face are typically with a small subset of people unfortunately
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unfortunately it is the minority a***holes that set the tone as with most things in life

Fortunately we seem to cope quite well here

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I consider myself very fortunate to have found this forum. I have never encountered anything but an abundance of kindness and knowledge here. I wish I had joined years ago, but I was concerned about some of the things I had seen on other sites while just browsing their forums. So glad I took the plunge and am here now! All of you are top-notch!

I find it hard to paint the entire WAF forum with the same brush.
    I have been a member there for 17 years and still visit there daily.
    Some of the sub forums still have people who are civilized and willing to help
    while others not so much. I still find a lot of very useful information and opinions
    over there. (depending on the subforum)

WAF once was much like WRF. But it has gotten really big and and has lost
    the feeling of community that it once had. That is something that IMO we here
    at WRF should be mindful of. Bigger is not always better.

IMO our mods do a great job of keeping things under control and so far the core group
    of members all seem to get along for the most part. We still have that feeling of being
    a community. Lets hope we can keep that as we continue to grow.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I find it hard to paint the entire WAF forum with the same brush.
    I have been a member there for 17 years and still visit there daily.
    Some of the sub forums still have people who are civilized and willing to help
    while others not so much. I still find a lot of very useful information and opinions
    over there. (depending on the subforum)

WAF once was much like WRF. But it has gotten really big and and has lost
    the feeling of community that it once had. That is something that IMO we here
    at WRF should be mindful of. Bigger is not always better.

IMO our mods do a great job of keeping things under control and so far the core group
    of members all seem to get along for the most part. We still have that feeling of being
    a community. Lets hope we can keep that as we continue to grow.
    "so far the core group
    of members all seem to get along for the most part." ----Not when I come along

Quote by Anderson View Post
    And the WAF search engine is rubbish.
    I probably shouldn't but I have to voice my opinion here. Yes, for some months
    the search engine over there was having reel issues but in all fairness. It works so
    much better than the one we have here. -- just saying.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-17-2020 at 03:46 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    "so far the core group
    of members all seem to get along for the most part." ----Not when I come along
    As we said....there are always exceptions to the rules........
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

MAP told me about the thread over on WAF and I popped in to take a look. Not to turn WRF argumentative , but that was actually not bad at all by the standards of WAF. I've seen far worse over there.

I don't "know" the members that were disagreeing with Aldo, as I don't collect SS and don't hang out in the SS sections. Occasionally I skim through a hot thread because the SS section has some of the most special people and the spiciest poo flinging. It's good for a laugh sometimes.

All that aside, I do see Aldo on here regularly and know he is an outstanding WRF member. Aldo, sorry your first foray on WAF didn't go well.

I also must echo Chopperman that there are many great members on WAF and it's a minority that are occupied with acting arrogant, belittling others, and generally behaving immature. On balance, I get a lot of utility out of WAF and have made some great "Internet friends" there that I get to meet up with in person at SOS, MAX, etc.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2