Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

That last piece.....

Article about: I read a sentence here so many times....”I just need to get XXXXX to complete...” or “I only need one more XXXXX for the set” or even “that is THE XXXXX I need to complete....” .

Default That last piece.....

I read a sentence here so many times....”I just need to get XXXXX to complete...” or “I only need one more XXXXX for the set” or even “that is THE XXXXX I need to complete....”

....does anyone REALLY quit when they’ve got THAT piece? Do they drop all the Forum memberships?.....sell up?.....sit and stare at whatever it is?......

Over the years I’ve acquired a number of Collection-Completers.......and guess what....they are nice, but it turns out they weren’t all that......

Does anyone know anyone who yearned for it, got it and closed down?

I usually reach the stage where the items I don't have are too expensive so I have multiple collections on the go, all incomplete as such.

And of course when is any collection complete, there will always be new variants unearthed, different paint or cover or maker or clasp or named etc....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Incomplete collections are by far the best... they keep you in the hunt for that elusive piece which might never turn up. Besides that, it's a good excuse to carry on collecting. Just picture it, the nagging wife, or partner, or other, saying to you: 'Don't you think it's time you stopped collecting all that junk?' And you truthfully respond: 'There are just a couple of things I need to finish the collection'. So there you have it, the perfect excuse to carry on attending arms fairs - if they ever come back that is!

I'm with Jerry.
    I've got the common, easy to find pieces and the rare variations seem to be getting
    rarer and more expensive by the day. So I also have a couple other collections going.
    I can't not be collecting something. (some kind of mental illness, I think)
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Totally agree. It seems that many of us have this same disease.
    Take care.
    Santi