Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

In Memoriam .." The Big Guy " Ian Jenkins ..aka... " Big Ned "

Article about: Since the days that Ned has left this forum ...myself and Michael have been keeping touch with him over the last couple of years. I sent Ned a text on Friday which he never answered and rece

Default In Memoriam .." The Big Guy " Ian Jenkins ..aka... " Big Ned "

Since the days that Ned has left this forum ...myself and Michael have been keeping touch with him over the last couple of years.
    I sent Ned a text on Friday which he never answered and received a reply from his younger brother late this afternoon..that Ned had passed away last week. I spoke with his brother on the phone as soon as I seen the text.

His viewing will be Wednesday Sept 18 and will post that information when I receive it.
    The cause of death was from internal bleeding.
    Ned had been in a WheelChair for many years prior and suffered a rare leg muscle disease that would not allow him to stand.

This forum and many other forums in which he had engaged will suffer large loss from Neds knowledge of Panzer Assault badges.
    Many of us will miss his rancor hard hitting humor.

He will be sorely missed.
    May God Bless him and his family.

In Regards Larry

schultz.jpg ned.PNG
    ian.jpg
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-12-2019 at 02:13 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Larry,

When you told me this news, my heart sank. There was NO finer member on this forum than Ned. He was a cornerstone of this forum. Here long before a newbie like me. His reputation was respected far and wide.

As most know, Neds knowledge of awards (and more) was encyclopedic. (And not just PABs Larry ) I would be amazed at how he would pick out the smallest detail in an award or know about an unpublished variation. I have learned from many of you but the most from him. You know he was respected when the go to phrase was "Let's see what Ned has to say about it".

He also would help every member, whether a seasoned veteran or a wet behind the ears newbie. Over and over and over and over and over again. And I can count on one hand (less a few fingers ) how many times he ever called it wrong. And when he would he would complain to me that he let someone down. Needless to say I could not stop laughing.

Besides his knowledge, Ned was by and far one of the funniest men I knew. Always quick with a joke and a laugh and a wit that was second to none. When things would get heated (as it happens from time to time), he would always chime in with a joke or something, defusing the tension. But he was also a fierce defender of the forum and would call out issues if need be.

I really can't sum it up in words how great of a guy he was. He touched us all and will be sorely missed.

Will also miss his FB posts! And that's coming from someone who HATES Facebook.

Goodbye Sgt Shultz!

Your Friend,

Michael

P.S. I think we should name a forum after him in memorium. Probably the last thing he would have ever wanted but I think he would get a laugh out of it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Very sorry to hear this.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Sad news indeed, his humour and expertise will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace Ned!

A very bright light has just gone out. In the hobby, this forum, and in the real world too. Truly terrible news.

We are blessed, at least, to have years of his contributions to this forum to look back over, to reminisce and to enjoy for years to come.

Rest in Peace, Big Ned.

B.B.

We have lost an icon in the collecting field, but remember forum members that his Posts and responses will continue to live on with this forum, and I am sure that Big Ned would want us to continue where he left off, helping and educating those who have questions on the finer points of Panzer Assault Badges and collecting them..

We will remember Big Ned as one of a pioneer and a legacy.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends during this time of sorrow and loss..

Smitty

?

Another one of the good guys gone, RIP Ned,......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very sad news. I was glad to have joined the WRF while Ned was still active on the WRF. He was larger than life character with huge knowledge on the combat badges and a wit and humour to match. RIP Big Ned.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I loved his sense of humor and his knowledge of so many different aspects of collecting. I've missed his posts and him. News like this just hits you in the pit of your stomach. RIP Big Ned

This is really really sad news.
    While his collecting interests and mine did not overlap at all, he was still willing
    to comment on something or give encouragement to me as I was just learning
    my way around this forum and as has already been mentioned, he had a great
    sense of humor. Ned will be missed by a great many of us.

RIP big guy and my heart goes out to your family.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast