Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

In Memoriam .." The Big Guy " Ian Jenkins ..aka... " Big Ned "

Article about: Since the days that Ned has left this forum ...myself and Michael have been keeping touch with him over the last couple of years. I sent Ned a text on Friday which he never answered and rece

This news truly came as a shock to me... 'Big Ned' really was one of the stalwarts of the WRF. Always there to give advice, and always on hand to help the novice. His sense of humour was legendary, and even when being critical he would undoubtedly put in some witty comment which would help soften the blow. It was hard enough losing him the first time when he left the forum, but this time it is so final. My sincere condolences to his family.

Steve

I remember following a thread about whether Hitler could drive a car or not. And with a great sense of humor in a photo someone posted, he said Hitler was not driving, that he was changing the music CD ...

All my support for his family and friends in these difficult moments.

R.I.P.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Ned/Ian.

Now moved to the discussion forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Should anyone be in the area and wish to attend

The funeral is on Wednesday 18th of September at 3.45pm at Bushbury crematorium. I'm assuming that is in Wolverhampton.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

So sorry to hear this news. I have missed Big Ned for a very long time and have wondered where he has been and how he was doing. My sincere condolences to the family, he was a really great guy who will be missed by all. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Ned's last post. Insightful as ever!

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 50

Will the powers that be change his Status please?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I don't see why not name the 'Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen forum' after him or put his name in at least.

Jonathan.

Rest in peace..
    Always enjoyed Big Ned's humor and his great great knowledge.. He will truly be missed!
    Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Solamente los muertos han visto el final de la guerra.

MAP
    ?

Some more information on the funeral service

Funeral Notice for Mr Ian David Jenkins

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast