Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mikhail Gorbachev

Article about: Some sad news this morning. Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet leader and the man who ended the Cold War, has died aged 91. Mikhail Gorbachev: Former Soviet leader dies age 91 'after long il

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I didn’t intend it to end up this way. Apologies.

B.B.
    I understand and realize that was not the intent as he was a historical figure. Just don't want it go down that slippery slope we sometimes see, hence my comment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I understand and realize that was not the intent as he was a historical figure. Just don't want it go down that slippery slope we sometimes see, hence my comment.
    You were right to step in. There’s too much arguing going on in the world today, and I shouldn’t be contributing to it. It can be easy to get hotheaded at times.

B.B.

?

A tragic end to his life - to witness what he had worked so hard for, destroyed in the worst possible way (by his successors).

Quote by Kohima View Post
    A tragic end to his life - to witness what he had worked so hard for, destroyed in the worst possible way (by his successors).
    True, though he can rest easy knowing he did everything he could.

B.B.

An Iconic individual during a tumultuous time.

I was in Berlin Germany serving in the US Army at the time President Ronald Reagan made his famous "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down this Wall" Speech..

At the time I had no idea of the ripple effect of those resounding words in June 1987 but two short years later in November 1989 the Berlin Wall fell and the Occupation Mission of the Allies in Berlin ended. It would take about 5 more years for the US Army and other Allies to depart the city but on that day in June 1987 President Reagan send the message and the cracks started to appear in the Berlin Wall.

Rest in Peace Mr. Gorbachev

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2