Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need info please

Article about: I have this old cross and any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

?

Default Need info please

I have this old cross and any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

Interesting item. Not military related.

The Sun Wheel / Swastika was a popular symbol and used by many cultures. Not just German. It can mean well being, prosperity and good luck in many western and eastern cultures. Even Native Americans used it. As such we often see it used in jewelry.

The inclusion in the cross is interesting and something I personally haven't seen before. So if not jewelry it may be religious. The Cross itself is very similar to a Celtic Cross.

Here are some versions of the Swaz. It does resemble the "English" Swaz. Combine that with the Celtic Cross and I think that gives you a direction to research.

Swastika.jpg

And here is a similar style on a Celtic coin. notice the same "dot" in the middle.

Coin.jpg
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you for your help. Seems I’m gonna have a lot more research to do. At least now I have a starting point. It was found in an abandoned house that was being demolished so with nothing to go on to begin with you have been a big help. Again thank you for your time.