Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New to this forum but have a very interesting journal complete and with Providence value?

Article about: Hello, I came across a collection of items I was told belonged to a Canadian ww2 soldier turns out to be so much older 115 years old Canada's first world conflict in Africa called the bour w

Magnum50ae
    ?

Default New to this forum but have a very interesting journal complete and with Providence value?

Hello, I came across a collection of items I was told belonged to a Canadian ww2 soldier turns out to be so much older 115 years old Canada's first world conflict in Africa called the bour war. 1899-1902 and I have a complete pencil written day by day account of his war experience then he went on to fight in World War One after that and I have a dated hospital photo. Large dated named photo framed from 1901 with pips in frame. (Providence)Plus five small picks of the bour war. I'm transferring his journal from 1901 to PC word for word. Including spelling errors! I'm hoping to get it published then donate the stuff to the Ottawa Ontario, CANADA war museum for everyone to enjoy.
    This could turn into a movie script deal.
    Any interest here for it? Value? Any input appreciated.
    Thanks for your time...tim

Tim, You must mean the term provenance rather than providence. It refers to the ability to prove the origin of an item. I also assume you meant to indicate service in the Boer Wars rather than bour. The forum does not usually provide what would be called appraisal value. Some feedback could be provided if you post photos from this collection. It does sound like an interesting grouping. NH

Dear Tim, welcome to the forum. If you want to share photographs of the items I'm sure many here would be interested to see them.

I'm confused about why you need a valuation since you intend to donate them to a museum. You will find members here are reluctant to offer valuations, as this site is for military enthusiasts rather than for business.