Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    I collect many things, like Bricks, bottles, coins, arrowheads, etc. Of course I collect military items.

I also take photos for the fun of it.
    Great pictures. I don't know how many thunderstorms I've sat out in trying to get a good
    picture of lightening. So far, without much luck.

BTW, you are the only one I know who collects bricks
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Great pictures. I don't know how many thunderstorms I've sat out in trying to get a good
    picture of lightening. So far, without much luck.

BTW, you are the only one I know who collects bricks
    Oh yes, bricks are very fun to collect. Brick hunting is even more fun. I go into historical parts of towns, and look in the weeds, the alleys, near construction zones, rivers etc. and I find bricks with town names, states, and even dates.

CSW
    ?

Nice to see I'm not the only photographer here

A few more random shots I stumbled upon while going through my archives.

reponen33.jpg _DSC2651.jpg

repo1_3k.jpg ranta.jpg

And bricks are fascinating indeed, I have seen some very nicely marked Imperial Russian examples here!

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post

repo1_3k.jpg ranta.jpg

And bricks are fascinating indeed, I have seen some very nicely marked Imperial Russian examples here!
    You have truly captured the beauty of Finland!

CSW
    ?

You have truly captured the beauty of Finland!
    Thank you very much RR, I'm trying my best. Cheers!

pihlaja.jpg

?

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post

repo1_3k.jpg ranta.jpg

Those lights are like a drug...you just want to keep seeing them

I was never able to get any decent photos during my time in Norway...but to be fair I didn't have much of a camera to work with. Fantastic shots

Okie me being a WW2 Jeep (broken) owner had to whack in these! found a couple of Matchbox ones today at the local shops too.

?

I also collect Pueblo pottery and Casas Grandes South American pottery. As a young man in college I took a class in museum curation and we had the opportunity to catalogue and curate their extensive Pueblo pottery collection. I instantly became hooked and feverishly began to collect which was no easy feat on the east coast in the 1980's. Prior to the internet I remember writing to dealers in the South west and they would send me polaroid photo's for me to choose my purchase. Although I don't actively collect anymore I occasionally buy something if I run into it an antique or thrift store. This collecting was as highly addictive as is my current obsessions with skulls and TR headgear. Here is a sample of the pieces I picked up over the last 40 years.

Cheers, Al

?

Oh yes, bricks are very fun to collect. Brick hunting is even more fun. I go into historical parts of towns, and look in the weeds, the alleys, near construction zones, rivers etc. and I find bricks with town names, states, and even dates.
    That's great ! Newark NJ is known as "Brick City" The DEA agents assigned to that area are given a scrounged up local brick with an engraved plate commemorating their service when they are transferred or retire.

Beautiful pottery pieces Al, and well displayed as well, though tempting targets for small hands. What sort of era are they from?