Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 140 of 149 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Well...I've branched out to brewing Mead...
    In case anyone was wondering what 24 pounds of raw honey looks like...

thumbnail (7).jpg

This will make about 8-10 gallons of mead...I may have gone overboard, but it's the end of the honey season for the year so get it while it's sweet

I have a small collection of vintage redline Hot Wheels cars. For those who don't know, these were the original Hot Wheels cars produced from 1968 to 1977 -- distinct by their redline wheels. If you're ever at a garage sale and see a bin of old Hot Wheels cars, if you see a redline, buy it! They are worth a pretty penny.

IMG-7708.jpg
    IMG-7710.jpg

Eventually Mattel discontinued redline wheels to save cost. The end of an era!

I received hot wheels sets at that time of my youth when they were the coolest thing going.
    I'm pretty sure I have a few red lines at home.
    I'll take a look and maybe post some.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Well...I've branched out to brewing Mead...
    Attachment 1535598
    Were you successful? What does it taste like?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Mead is an amazing drink and perfect winter warmer.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Were you successful? What does it taste like?
    Still a couple months to go before the fermentation is complete! And then a few months of bulk aging!

But now there's a second vat...
    thumbnail.jpg

Living in Hawaii offers so many great out door adventurous things to do, hiking, deep sea fishing, going after lobster in lobster season, inflatable boat fishing off Molokai's north west shore too.

Body boarding Pipeline before social media took these spots away from you when prior it would be just a small group of people if any at all, Saturdays, Sundays, any day you could go. Still have my body board which is made for big wave riding and have done Waimea bay as well. What an adrenaline rush it was.

Also had a Longboard to surf Waikiki until some druggie soul decided to torch the surf board rack in Waikiki about 2 years ago. The wacked out druggie torched about 175 boards & these were a total loss in the inferno. Had a 9'3" nose rider surfboard stored there and to replace that today is thousands of dollars.

But then age catches up to you and you gravitate to those hobbies that you did when not living here that were not as demanding, sort of!

Then my Steinway O, was trained from 6 years old until I was 19, then took more lessons at the University of Hawaii but was told your too old to spend time with as I started at 42 years old. I became the students student, those who are called Graduate Student Instructors. Became quite proficient but the desire to play with the symphony was dashed by younger student appeal to help those who could give back more years than I. Mozart, Chopin, Debussy are my favorites along with Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Rachmaninoff and Jazz and popular style music as well.

Then learned Hawaiian slack key/Ki Ho 'Alu guitar from a slack key master/Ki Ho 'Alu (opening tuning DGDBGD) Ozzie Kotani who was trained by Sonny Chillingworth. My instrument of choice is an R Taylor style 1 guitar, and can sing wonderfully.

Lastly is older Harley Davidsons. Having learned and been schooled in my late teens and early 20's, my love for those 1936 -1947 knuckleheads took hold. Recently built a 1947 fL 74 cubic inch knucklehead for my son. Now having lumbar back issues has iced my riding ability and bot my 02 VRSCA VRod and 1939 EL 6i CID knucklehead sit beckoning me to ride. Back fusion surgery is needed and having a recent heart attack has put riding on hold for at least a year if not more. I beg the doctors, at 71 I've not many years left to ride, so hopefully fusion surgery
    can be done sooner than later.

All of the above was put on ice when our son and daughter were born, they came first and now there are grandchildren too. Living in Hawaii has its problems, with travel restrictions and our son a USAF Major stationed in Germany...thank god for Whats App!

Yes militaria collecting has been part of my life for as long as I can remember, used to drag GI's treasures home out of the trash, where their wives decided to get rid of their husbands war junk. My mother absolutely hated it and would throw it out saying those people burned and murdered millions of people. Before she passed, she told me how wrong that was as I explained finds that came out of antique shops and what their real worth was. I said it's ok, no worries!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dear friend. What a story ... you don't seem like you've had a boring life. Congratulations.

Regards
    Santi

Rick,
    It appears you have some good and very diverse hobbies.
    That's a nice old knuckle. I did some work on one a few years back.
    They are a neat bike but not something I would car to ride too often.
    ( I like starters and electric ignition )

From the time I was a kid and beach music became a big thing, I always wanted
    to learn how to surf. But not living anywhere there was water really hurt my dreams
    Those days are now gone.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I just got this one a couple of days ago.

Diecast version of the NHRA pro stock bike raced by Karen Stoffer.
    Along with a picture of her trailer sitting in front of our shop spring of 2008.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-22-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.