Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Packing visors and helmets during a move

Article about: Greetings guys, I'm in the process of moving and I would appreciate your opinions of how to pack my visors and stahlhelm for this move, I have over thirty pieces of soft headgear but my main

Default Packing visors and helmets during a move

Greetings guys, I'm in the process of moving and I would appreciate your opinions of how to pack my visors and stahlhelm for this move, I have over thirty pieces of soft headgear but my main concern are the visors, and I have ten stahlhelm. Thank you.

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Are you moving closer to York Pa so that you can go to the Max Show?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Bubble wrap and packing peanuts but I will defer to someone with experience
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The solution is simple, just wear all of your visors and helmets ontop of your head at once, thus creating the ultimate balancing act and fashion statement while bringing all your memorabilia to your new house!

In all seriousness I just designated a car seat to put 2-3 helmets side by side wrapped in quilts per trip and wrapped the more delicate headgear in bubble wrap.
    for my smaller memorabilia and bayonets I put them in plastic tubs cushioned with bubblewrap and blankets and marked the tubs DO NOT STACK, I then cradled my camouflaged S84/98 III like a child the entire ride for fear of scratching the paint. I found plastic tubs to be allot better than cardboard boxes over the years.

I am interested how others move their items!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Are you moving closer to York Pa so that you can go to the Max Show?
    Yeah about six miles closer
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.