Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Please and thank you.

Article about: I have noticed lately that a lot of newer members will post an item and after receiving replies, never respond. It seems these chaps were never educated properly to be courteous asking pleas

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

How hard is it just to say a simple please and thank you? I've notice just lately that more and more people can't be bothered with simple politeness, I've got to the point if the person asking a question can't be bothered to say Please I can't be bothered to reply. Or is it just me being over sensitive and Grumpy? THANK YOU!

It's down to the way people are brought up Paul. Minding your 'P's & 'Q's should be a natural thing to do. I've lost count of the amount of times that I have (in a private PM) helped people out after being asked, and I've not even been give the courtesy of a reply. It makes you that way that you don't want to be bothered any more. 'Manners maketh a man' so they say....

Cheers,
    Steve

I kinda see it as our role to protect our little Island of respect and decency......but having recently joined FB (yes, I know!) and I’ve seen some “interesting” requests for help with “?” being the best (worst?)......and that’s what a lot of newbies accept....sadly I don’t/won’t. But there are too many people, including here, to whom it’s not important.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    I kinda see it as our role to protect our little Island of respect and decency......but having recently joined FB (yes, I know!) and I’ve seen some “interesting” requests for help with “?” being the best (worst?)......and that’s what a lot of newbies accept....sadly I don’t/won’t. But there are too many people, including here, to whom it’s not important.......
    Ah yes facebook the paradise of the keyboard warrior!
    Is it me or do us Brits seem to be the worst offenders? Just walking down the street at the best you get complete indifference from other people. The first time i visited Krakow it struck me how polite Polish people are, strangers will nod at you in the street and quite often you will get Dzień dobry or Dobry wieczór, very refreshing.

I worked in the City for years....and the most common welcome/acknowledgement of my fellow man was “whatta you lookin’ at?”

...but as I’ve said before, there’ll always be those who want to be the first to reply......regardless of how the question was worded.

Quote by Composite View Post
    I worked in the City for years....and the most common welcome/acknowledgement of my fellow man was “whatta you lookin’ at?”

...but as I’ve said before, there’ll always be those who want to be the first to reply......regardless of how the question was worded.
    Yep "The City" what a hell hole that place is, a 5 minute journey on the underground is enough to make you want to punch people.

Time to give this thread a bump again in hopes that maybe some of our newer
    members might take the hint.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank You Greg...

Smitty

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Time to give this thread a bump again in hopes that maybe some of our newer
    members might take the hint.
    People should not need prompting to give 'thanks' where 'thanks' are due. It's either in you to want to do it, or it is not. Sadly, it is an indication of the way society is heading.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast