Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Recommended honest militaria dealers

Article about: Hi folks im new in the area of collecting german militaria from ww2 just wanted your recommedations on some dealers that you have dealt with in the past who honest and are reasonably priced

Default Recommended honest militaria dealers

Hi folks im new in the area of collecting german militaria from ww2 just wanted your recommedations on some dealers that you have dealt with in the past who honest and are reasonably priced if there is any

There are good and bad Chris, there are good guys that dont know everything, if you have doubts post here first and get it looked at prior to buying, best advise I can give you
    Ben

Thanks Ben.
    I brought a Afrika corps cuff title a few weeks back from a auction i thought it looked good in the pics but do have my doubts when it arrived.
    I guess the fakes are getting better and better as time goes by though.

Sorry i meant to mention uk based preferred

Quote by chrisb3uk View Post
    Sorry i meant to mention uk based preferred
    Your best bet is to treat ALL dealers with caution. They are in this game to make money, and all are capable of selling on dodgy stuff. One of the oldest tricks at arms fairs is to sell something with the caveat that they cannot be 100% sure of the authenticity of an item, so they are selling it a bit cheaper than it would normally go for. The 'cheaper' price being higher than a repro price. I have several dealer-friends, and I know the tricks they pull on the unwary. It is up to you to know your subject well before making any purchase. So its a case of research, research, and research again.... and beware of UK dealers offering up to 60% 0ff.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks Steve.
    I dread to think the amount of money in the fake items as there are so many items in the german militaria world.
    I want some second opinions on the cuff title and must put some pics up.
    I have taken the pics on my samsung phone will they upload ok or do i need different software?
    Does anyone know?
    Thanks

Hi Chris,

I have absolutely no idea to be honest! I'm not in to smart phones, but there are guides on the forum to help you through all the technical junk. I would recommend that you use high resolution images that can be enlarged on the forum though, don't use anything small... the better the quality of the pictures, the more help you will get.

Cheers,
    Steve

CSW
    ?

You should be able to upload without issues. Please check my reply here: Uploading photos from a samsung smartphone ?

Here is a very good thread on how to distinguish real from fake cuffs.
    The Afrikakorps cuff title
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)