Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Requesting Advice on selling WW2 German Collections

Article about: hello, I am new to this forum and hoping to get some advice. In the last month I have been asked by two friends (age 87 and 91) to help them to sell off their extensive WW2 german souvenir c

olypenn22
    ?

Default Requesting Advice on selling WW2 German Collections

hello, I am new to this forum and hoping to get some advice.

In the last month I have been asked by two friends (age 87 and 91) to help them to sell off their extensive WW2 german souvenir collections.

Ruby is a WWII combat vet of the Lord Strathcona's Horse, Royal Canadians Regiment, (The Straths) 5th Canadian Armored Brigade, he was a gunner on Shermans and saw extensive action in both Italy and Western Europe.

Bill is a WWII scout with Patton's 1st Armored in Europe and also saw extensive combat action.

Almost all the souvenir's they have where personally captured on the battlefield by them and have some amazing stories attached.

I would like to see both Ruby and Bill get fair value for their items that include flags, swords, daggers, bayonets, badges, patches, helmets, headgear and much other.

I have collected US WWII items for years but have never ventured into German collectables

Will be needing to do much research to determine what is involved with these items. This looks like a great place to start, any recomendations as to source material? am located in the Western Washington State area of the US. Have sold on fleabay and gunbroker in the past, any other suggestions?.

Thanks, olypenn22

(have attached a picture of Ruby tank in Italy in 1944, he is second from right, his tank was named the Chicoutimi, 3th troop, C Squadron, the Strats)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Requesting Advice on selling WW2 German Collections

if you wannna sell it here in the forum, we need at first some pics.

?

Hi Olypenn and welcome to the forum Your friends Bill and Ruby sound like great guy`s to know and that`s a super photo of Ruby You have come to the right place to sell your friends collections , the pieces will get good honest appraisals from knowledgable people and they will point you in the right direction to get the going rates , we look forward to seeing these collections and i love vet acquired pieces , enjoy the forum

cheers Al

Olypenn

Cant wait to see what they have

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

olypenn22
    ?

Thank you all, hope to complete the surveys next week, will be taking pictures of everything. I will post pictures here as soon a possible. Ruby also has a extensive collection of Military rifles I am starting to post on gunbroker. Next up is a Snyder.

Thanks again, olypenn22

I would be interested in the rifle collection. Do you have any pics of that collection?

Geirsson

olypenn22
    ?

Thanks again for the interest, find below a few pictures of Ruby's gun room, will be taking pictures of more individual firearms next week, to date have individual pictures of just the M1 Carbine, two 1903 Springfields, the Snyder and the Enfield Martini currently on Gunbroker (listed under my same handle as here, olypenn22).
    if you get over there look at the 1872 Cavalry Officer Presentation Sword I have listed, could only find one other listed on the web at $2000. (not sure if the rules here allow listing of links to GB here on this site)

Will be out of town this weekend.

Sorry for the below picture quality, my camera does poor in low light conditions.

Thanks again, olypenn22

olypenn22
    ?

Here are the german daggers

1. A German hunting dagger marked on the blade Alcoso, up arrow C, Solingen (this is the dagger that Ruby took off a surrendering German general in Holland, the general received it from Goering when he hunted at Goering's hunting estate, those are hunting scene's on both side of the blade, hounds and stags) , Is a 3/4 size dagger, about 9 inches long.

2) This appears to be a Second Model Luftwaffe dagger. Captured in Germany by Bill, it is a marked on the blade, Puma, Solingen, length 15 1/2.

3) Appears to be a Nazi youth leaders dagger, captured in Germany by Bill marked on the blade ED Wasthof, Solingen. length 10 inch, the handle is wrapped with brass wire.

4) Appears to be a SA Dagger marked RZ M 7/66, length 13 1/2. Captured in Germany by Bill.

Have more pictures , trying to get a idea of value on the above, daggers 2,3 and 4 will be sold, number one will stay in the family.

Thanks, olypenn22

?

Please post more detailed pictures, so we can create the value based only in the good quality pictures.
    Don't forget thjat we have also the sales and auction section
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics