Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS lot needing identification!

Article about: Hey all, I’ve since been receiving a lot of help in the few items I’ve posted. I have a few pictures from a gentleman I’ve been purchasing from of his great uncles collection they’re

Thanks! I’m going to have to start looking through some more stuff online. Definitely need to get some much better, more detailed pictures next time I’m out at that guys place to do some more research.

This is what I would do, if I were in your situation. I would focus on some of the items that would most likely be original, IE, the tinnies. some of the medald and some of the breast eagles. You got lucky with one of the SS Officer bullion sleeve eagles and since there are reproductions in the mix, focus on what is known to be real and then take pictures of the items that are questionable and once you have done research on the items that are questionable you know what to avoid during your next trip to the person after they have been vetted. Since the collection I presume is not going anywhere anytime soon and I also presume you to be the only one buying the items there really is no rush. Since you have shown interest in the collection maybe they will hold it for you until you have done more research.

Why press your luck with the SS items, again you got lucky with a few but I would avoid the cuff titles as well as the long service medals (blue ribbons) until you can take better, clearer images of the fronts and backs.

Smitty

For sure! Yeah me and the guy have a great relationship, not too many people are even aware of the collection so I basically have dibs on whatever I’d like! Plenty of time for sure

CBH
    ?

I’d suggest getting photos of the SS long service medals (showing the ribbon loop)
    Clear closeups front and back.
    Good luck

Definitely the plan in the near future!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2