Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Storing in original packaging

Article about: Is there any harm in storing medals etc. in their original packaging like envelopes and boxes, or do they need better storage considerations?

Default Storing in original packaging

Is there any harm in storing medals etc. in their original packaging like envelopes and boxes, or do they need better storage considerations?

Depending on environmental conditions and if any acidic content in the packaging may be an issue. Something to check out and wait for better qualified opinions...on this type of preservation...it also depends on what it is your storing in the original packaging. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry! Been a while since we chatted. Hope you're doing well.

The medal that made me think about if I should do this or not, is my Eastern Front Medal.

Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille)

Container these are going in is an acid free photo box, which is kept inside in my office.