Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange fitting on Type 82 Kubelwagen SAS Rogue Heroes TV series

Article about: I couldn't think where else to post this, so hope no one minds me doing so here. Currently on terrestrial TV in the UK is a series called SAS Rogue Heroes, based fairly loosely on the early

Default Strange fitting on Type 82 Kubelwagen SAS Rogue Heroes TV series

I couldn't think where else to post this, so hope no one minds me doing so here.

Currently on terrestrial TV in the UK is a series called SAS Rogue Heroes, based fairly loosely on the early days of the SAS in the Western desert.

The picture below comes from a recent episode, my question is what is the strange framework on the front of this Typ 82 Kubelwagen? I'm guessing its a camera mount but I'd be interested in what you all think too.

SAS Rogue Heroes Typ82.jpg

Hi BlackCat.

I have been watching the series and noticed the strange frame work on one of the two Kubels that was 'liberated' from Benghazi. I don't know what the frame is for and have never seen anything like it despite looking at hundreds of period photos of Kubelwagens over the years.

Kind regards,

Will.

I'd say it was a camera mount as there were several reverse angles looking at them as they drove along. On the whole the equipment and vehicles have been impressively real. Did you spot the other oddity from the Benghazi episode? The Opel Blitz that was a Ford (I think).

I would agree about it being a camera mount which had been disguised as part of the kubel. I didn't notice about the Opel Blitz to be honest.