Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

There and Back Again, the story of the C Section, 3rd FA Red Cross Flag - from Western Australia, to Gallipoli, to Western Canada, and back again.

Article about: There and Back Again; The Incredible Journey of the C Section, 3rd Field Ambulance Red Cross Flag, from Western Australia, to the first wave at Gallipoli, to Edmonton (Canada), and back agai

?

Very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing with us, Doug. Hopefully it stays in Australia, permanently.

Regards
    Samir

As a proud Australian, I thank you for your conservation of our history Doug!

That was a great story!!!
    It is a perfect thing when an item is finaly connected with the story! All we see in most cases are just nice items but when you know the story behind them is just thrilling... You can close your eyes when near such an item and hear the sounds of the bettlefield that this artifact has witnessed!
    If only the items could speak...

Perfect work done there!!!

Thanks for your work Doug and Sandgroper!!

?

Thanks guys. It sure is unreal to see Wendy working with the flag and readying it for the 100th anniversary coming in only a few days! Thanks Dave for the great pics!

Wendy and I are trying to crowd fund its return to Australia and its ability to be displayed not only in the WA museum but in a travelling then permanent display. Only 3% of needed funds are collected, but if you guys could spread the word it would be great.

This is a rare chance to promote history and keep it where it belongs, and help educate future generations of the sacrifice of a generation past.

You can donate here:

https://australianculturalfund.org.a...nzac-heritage/

A couple more pics taken last Saturday by Wendy's husband, Ian, the pics show Wendy, my daughter Caitlin and my very sunburnt self having just returned from my fishing trip. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed display, I think with Wendy's passion for the flag and its history the display will be something very special.Dave and flag 3.jpgDave and flag 2.jpgDave and flag 1.jpg
    Last edited by sandgroper; 04-16-2015 at 09:31 AM. Reason: correct a typo

?

Great story.

?

Great pics Dave, can't wait to see the finished display, and am sure it will look fantastic! Great looking daughter btw too!

?

Interesting new article on the men behind the flag by historian "Jakealoo"

https://doingourbit.wordpress.com/20...hind-the-flag/

I've made my donation!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I've made my donation!
    Great stuff Glenn, well done mate!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast