Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Treasure Hunt starts in two weeks.

Article about: Background: My grandparents were awesome. I took care of them for the last nine years they were alive. I was the favorite grandson and they ended up willing me their land/house etc... That w

?

Default Treasure Hunt starts in two weeks.

Background: My grandparents were awesome. I took care of them for the last nine years they were alive. I was the favorite grandson and they ended up willing me their land/house etc... That was 2006. Grandfather was stationed near Hamburg Germany from 1958-1962. Mom even has pics of her at a Beatles performance.
    Fast forward to this afternoon: Parents are visiting. My son and I were explaining some of our collection of militaria.
    My mom then says "you know your grandmother used to go to this giant flea market in Hamburg at least once a week"
    Me: "So why did she go there?"
    Mom: "Oh, every week she'd go buy a bunch of the old german medals, hats, uniforms. She thought it was neat"
    Me: *quite interested "So what did she end up doing with all that stuff?"
    Mom: "Grandpa put it up in one of the buildings on the property back in the early 70's. It's a medium sized boxed completely full of old german stuff"
    Me: "Did you ever look inside the box?"
    Mom: "Yea, it was a big pile of little metal things and it had some hats and other things in there, I didn't really care for it and grandma said they were really cheap"
    Me: "Well that sounds neat, thanks for the info."
    Parents leave in almost exactly two weeks. My son and I are planning on tearing apart the attic and three giant out-buildings the second they leave. I will update as soon as we hopefully find said box.

Good luck in your search.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Stories like this are what dreams are made of
    Let us know your finds and post them in the correct forums for viewing

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sounds exciting, yet also too good to be true. I hope you will find some nice treasures, but I would laugh if the chest was full of fake junk.

I would assume the prices were rather low in the 60s and it wasn't that beneficial to produce fakes like it is now... so good luck and curious what you will find ( and I hope you find something !!!)

?

anxiously waiting to see what is discovered
    Regards, Al

Intriguing tale. I hope you strike lucky and also that the mice have not nibbled at anything.

I look forward to your updates on the search for the German militaria

I'm sure looking inside those buildings you will find "other" good stuff as well.

Hopefully you'll find lots of goodies to show us all, look forward to the pictures.

Good luck

Wow, sounds amazing, look forward to seeing what's there !
    Paul

Well?