Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Gas Mask ID needed

Article about: Jake, what you have there is a rather nice example of a US M3 Diaphragm Gas Mask, specifically the second type. As you said, these are very hard to find in the UK... where as over the other

Default Re: US Gas Mask ID needed

Jake, what you have there is a rather nice example of a US M3 Diaphragm Gas Mask, specifically the second type. As you said, these are very hard to find in the UK... where as over the other side of the pond they're relatively common and cheap, the only downside being the shipping costs which can get rather pricey.

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Danny i found someone showing there rather extensive gas mask collection on the web and even though he never had this exact one he does have the M3A1 which has a plastic type valve with the voice enhancer and states the earlier ones were metal so i was swinging towards M3,and yes the shipping was a bit gutting however as you said there's no way around it if you want these war type US masks the price of a hobby im afraid,glad you like it........regards........Jake.

I think the earlier models, both of which were simply called M3's... If I remember rightly their were two variations, the only difference being the colour of the exhale valve/voice diaphragm assembly. The M3A1 as you stated has a moulded plastic assembly instead.

Thanks

Danny

Im learning Danny the m3 series came in grey or black where as the m4 had most of the same parts but was natural olive drab,i absolutely luv US gas masks,there so overlooked on here as GM30/38 take all the glory......such a wide diverse range of masks from the 1919 onto the M1 series right through,there's an awful lot to collect,have to start somewhere,regards..............Jake.

Sold it for $35 here in the US

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2